Idler pulley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 91 landcruser 3fe engine and wondering if anyone knows where I can buy/ fix the idler pulley under the power steering pump and in front of AC unit? Cant seem to find the part anywhere.
Is there a different idler pulley I can buy that will fit? Or a belt to bypass that pulley?

contact your toyota dealer first and see if it is available. I know the 96 ones are still available as just bought one for a customer.
The Toyota online part store said it's a dicontinued part. Starting to wonder if I can put a universal pulley in place of it since I still have all the bolts and hardware for the old one.

SKF, Timkin etc...
Match the old to new. Someone has likely done that and you may find the cross referenced part numbers buried in the mud files

I have a 91 landcruser 3fe engine and wondering if anyone knows where I can buy/ fix the idler pulley under the power steering pump and in front of AC unit? Cant seem to find the part anywhere.
Is there a different idler pulley I can buy that will fit? Or a belt to bypass that pulley?
One of the two idler pulleys has a replaceable bearing. I'm sorry I can't remember which one it is. Take a close look and just replace the bearing if possible.

Went to orilleys and got an idler pulley part number 231039 and used the same bolt that was in old one. Took a little work to get the old bolt out because some of the ball bearings we chewed up.

Happen to see this thread, and mention regarding the Bolt (resembles a Shoulder Bolt) that goes through
the Pulley. The PS Idler Pulley definitely has aftermarket options, yet from offerings they don't come with
a new bolt. There is a shield that cover's the bearing, and after some belt changes over the years, the
nut on this bolt is DONE. I'm resorting to having a good welder tack on a NUT over the original, since
my bearing is just fine.

Wondering if anyone ever came across the same, and possibly a Bolt match ??
Approx. a 12x16 Shoulder Bolt, M10 x 1.25 Thread.

Gates and other's simply don't supply the Bolt, seems odd, yet guess not uncommon.

Attached image is the lower AC Tensioner Pulley, yet ya get the concept for the PS Idler Pulley

In over 30 years of machine design, I only saw one hex head shoulder bolt, other than the one on the PS idler pulley, and it was a bolt masquerading as a lawnmower axle. AFAIK, this is not a standard SAE, DIN or JIS part. The shoulder bolt was originally designed for the die industry, and they were all socket head bolts.

Happen to see this thread, and mention regarding the Bolt (resembles a Shoulder Bolt) that goes through
the Pulley. The PS Idler Pulley definitely has aftermarket options, yet from offerings they don't come with
a new bolt. There is a shield that cover's the bearing, and after some belt changes over the years, the
nut on this bolt is DONE. I'm resorting to having a good welder tack on a NUT over the original, since
my bearing is just fine.

Wondering if anyone ever came across the same, and possibly a Bolt match ??
Approx. a 12x16 Shoulder Bolt, M10 x 1.25 Thread.

Gates and other's simply don't supply the Bolt, seems odd, yet guess not uncommon.

Attached image is the lower AC Tensioner Pulley, yet ya get the concept for the PS Idler Pulley
Go to McGeorge or partsouq and order a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom