Idle Speed Adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My recently-acquired '93 pickup seems to be idling kinda high. I was gonna check the speed with my tachometer, but can't find a tach wire on the igniter. I assume I need to use one of the wires in the diagnostic box, but which one? It's a 22RE.

Thanks.

One of two ways.

You either connect your test probe to the - (neg) side of the ignition coil or to the IG terminal on the check connector. The other side of your tach goes to the - and + of the battery.

This is what the FSM states for a 92 which should be the same for a 93.

You MUST have a tach compatible with a Toyota ignition system.

Juke

One of two ways.

You either connect your test probe to the - (neg) side of the ignition coil or to the IG terminal on the check connector. The other side of your tach goes to the - and + of the battery.

This is what the FSM states for a 92 which should be the same for a 93.

You MUST have a tach compatible with a Toyota ignition system.

Juke

Thanks, Juke. My tach directions show a diagram for '86 and '87 Toyotas only. I dunno what makes '86 and '87 so special. Maybe the tach directions were printed in '87. :confused:

Wristy: Thanks for nothing. I did a search. I find your avatar offensive, too.

Thanks, Juke. My tach directions show a diagram for '86 and '87 Toyotas only. I dunno what makes '86 and '87 so special. Maybe the tach directions were printed in '87. :confused:

Wristy: Thanks for nothing. I did a search. I find your avatar offensive, too.

I would call the company who makes your tach and ask them if there is compatibililty for the 93. I could not say what the difference, if any, would be between the years of the 22re.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom