Identify mounting bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
78 2F going into a 1985 60 wagon.Trying to identify this bracket, appears to only fit on the lower edge of the front DS above the pan. same place as the smog pump bracket? I have another bracket as well that also fit in the same location that I used to fit a saginaw pump in the same location. This mount appears to be for a alternator but on the lower front DS? I was under the impression the alternators were mounted on the PS. help requested.

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

a NON USA 2F will have a d/s lower alternator mount like below photo ...............fyi

035_2F_a-big.jpg

F engine alternator bracket

OK, got two ideas, if an alternator bracket, which seems correct because it is the exact width of the alternator where was it mounted on the F, lower DS? maybe the smog pump and alt bracket are the same dimension? I do not have a smog pump on hand to check and will be building this desmogged.

Smog pump bracket and or alt bracket went in that location depending on motor. Same location,, same bolt holes,, same dimensions.. Old f engines and some non us engines put the alt on lower drivers side. So your theory is correct. Use that location for your power steering if you do not want to use the fj60 mount on drivers side upper. Or use 60 steering mount and get George's saginaw mount and use the 60 location. Options are good. Or use what ya got till it doesn't work.

The 78 block is not tapped for the upper steering pump mount so you will need to do the "dorry" style mount using the drivers motor mount or the smog pump location. Unless you tap the block

As of now I am going to put the saginaw where the smog pump was. That bracket actually worked out really well for mounting the pump. I will just have to fabricate or pick up an alt bracket and go with the mounting on the upper PS. That leaves me the space to put my AC in later. I'll run it w/o for now. While I have the correct motor mount I am missing part of a ac mounting bracket and a compressor. That bracket in the pic won't work for the alt mount on the PS, the hoses etc are in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom