Icon Rebound 17" Wheels (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched the threads here and saw there are a few people with Icon 17" rims. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of these so I emailed MetalTech4x4 and asked if any issues for my 2017 LC. The reply back was they may not work as stock rims are 18" and these Icon's may not clear the brake calipers. I called and emailed Icon but have not heard back. Can anyone who has Icon 17" Rebound wheels (or any other 17" Icon wheels) confirm if any issues? Thanks.

No problem on my 2019.
IMG_0001.jpg

I have searched the threads here and saw there are a few people with Icon 17" rims. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of these so I emailed MetalTech4x4 and asked if any issues for my 2017 LC. The reply back was they may not work as stock rims are 18" and these Icon's may not clear the brake calipers. I called and emailed Icon but have not heard back. Can anyone who has Icon 17" Rebound wheels (or any other 17" Icon wheels) confirm if any issues? Thanks.

They fit.

Just know that they are offset of +25, which puts them 35mm farther outward with your wheel wells. OEM is 60 and Rock Warriors are 50. 25 is a nice stance, assuming you aren’t running 12.5” wide that might get tricky with contact.

11.5” wide 34’s should be great with those assuming you don’t mind the normal trimming or mud-flap tweaking.

If there was no such thing as Rock Warriors, those Icons would probably be my choice.

They fit.

Just know that they are offset of +25, which puts them 35mm farther outward with your wheel wells. OEM is 60 and Rock Warriors are 50. 25 is a nice stance, assuming you aren’t running 12.5” wide that might get tricky with contact.

11.5” wide 34’s should be great with those assuming you don’t mind the normal trimming or mud-flap tweaking.

If there was no such thing as Rock Warriors, those Icons would probably be my choice.
Great info. Thanks! I looked at RW's but just really liked the look of these. Was also thinking of keeping OEM's and adding KO2's with spacers and using money for new Bud Built sliders.... decisions, decisions

Chiplee,
I love those wheels and color. I have same cruiser and wonder if you can shoot me a link to details so I can order a set and some tires that will fit without suspension mods.
I am a 40 guy so my new cruiser is just for mall crawling but it needs to look less like a soccer mom car...
Thanks for any details you may have to save me from a long search and ordering the wrong stuff..

Goebs

Chiplee,
I love those wheels and color. I have same cruiser and wonder if you can shoot me a link to details so I can order a set and some tires that will fit without suspension mods.
I am a 40 guy so my new cruiser is just for mall crawling but it needs to look less like a soccer mom car...
Thanks for any details you may have to save me from a long search and ordering the wrong stuff..

Goebs

I just bought the wheels and tires on eBay. I went with 34s, but I think the general consensus is that you can get away with 33” tires without major clearance issues. A lift only helps with a few small clearance issues over the full ROM of the suspension travel.

You’ll like it better with at least a 2” front and 1” rear leveling lift, and you’ll want to search around here for the best 33” option. I personally do not like the BFG KO2’s that are so popular here. Weak sidewalls IMO. Fine for mall crawling if you like the tire otherwise. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers are great.

Last edited:
They are great! 33" on an LX. Minor rub in front, fender massage fixed that.

Elk_Mountain.PNG

They fit.

That's my set up. 34 x 11.5s. I rub very slightly on the KDSS arm and driver's side front fender liner. OME lift. To the OP. The rebounds clear just fine.
IMG_0091-1.jpg

Are yours bronze or titanium?
for now I am going to keep this cruiser stock until I decide to modify it. Finishing an 80 project to bring on rv trips first. If that sucks in the end I am going to just modify the new one and use it for occasional trails.

Are yours bronze or titanium?
for now I am going to keep this cruiser stock until I decide to modify it. Finishing an 80 project to bring on rv trips first. If that sucks in the end I am going to just modify the new one and use it for occasional trails.
Me? Mine are titanium. There are a handful of better pics of the wheels in the 200 pic thread. Let me see what else I have on my work machine.
3.jpg
20190721_175939.jpg

So I’ve got my set coming in this Friday. Searching thru the forum I see that some have 285/70/17 size tires but on RW wheels. Since offset on these will be 25mm should I have concern about any tire rub? I looked at 275/70/17 but there doesn’t seem to be as much selection. I don’t mind trimming mud flaps but would like to avoid any major trimming, etc.

Should only have minor trimming.

17” Icons with 34 x10.50. BFG all terrains. Minor rub on the mud flaps. I could easily trim a little but I’m putting a 2” lift on next week and I’m going to wait and see how that works before I trim anything.
DBA41A0C-13AC-478B-94FD-E9142739DCDA.jpeg

I just bought the wheels and tires on eBay. I went with 34s, but I think the general consensus is that you can get away with 33” tires without major clearance issues. A lift only helps with a few small clearance issues over the full ROM of the suspension travel.

You’ll like it better with at least a 2” front and 1” rear leveling lift, and you’ll want to search around here for the best 33” option. I personally do not like the BFG KO2’s that are so popular here. Weak sidewalls IMO. Fine for mall crawling if you like the tire otherwise. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers are great.
How are those 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers are they holding up? How’s the rubbing, if any? I think I’ve decided to sell my 18” Method Wheels+18offset for 17” ICON rebounds in Titanium or black for my Onyx blue LC. Do you by chance know the weight of those wheels. They don’t show it on the icon website

Last edited:
How are those 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers are they holding up? How’s the rubbing, if any? I think I’ve decided to sell my 18” Method Wheels+18offset for 17” ICON rebounds in Titanium or black for my Onyx blue LC. Do you by chance know the weight of those wheels. They don’t show it on the icon website

I don't know the wheel weight. I'll weigh one when I buy a 5th for my spare. I've been impressed with the tread wear and have had zero issues in very wet conditions. Tread life is not something I usually pay attention to coming from Michelin super sports that lasted around 10k miles on my last vehicle, but it has been standing out to me that these things are showing no wear. If you get a high res image of them you'll notice a very small (<1mm) step on the tread surface. That is still fully intact on all but the right front tire, and the right front is only wearing fast because I have to do a lot of u-turns in my stupid town because of poor divider planning. I personally like the rebounds MUCH more than the methods, so I think you'll like that change. I removed the front mud flaps because they rubbed badly. Now it only rubs a little in reverse. Honestly just haven't taken the time to do more clearance work. Newborn in the house again, lol. Same thing happened when I first joined here.

If I recall correctly they are close to 28 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom