ICBC nightmare (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was in a minor no fault fender bender with my 92 HJD81. Busted passenger headlight, scuff on fender flare, dimple on fender, warped valence under grill, scuffed bomber. ICBC wanted to wright off, $3400 damage. Aprasied vehicle at $2900. Took some time to convince then that they were idiots, and the value was much higher. Anyways I took to several body shops, they all declined to work on a 25 year old SUV. Anybody got a lead on a shop or vender that can help with parts or repairs? Thanks.

Sterling Autobody Ladner, B.C.

Graham has worked on my 1994 80 a number of times. Bringing it in tomorrow to colour match the new hood he is installing for me.

Got pics?

Need to find piece that holds the front signal lights, just below the grill. Fender should be repairable.

BF178821-6468-4431-AA68-6E46E6FD3235.jpeg

A9A83AC6-DEB7-41AF-A033-98414833E0FD.jpeg

Sheesh, that's hardly a write off. Do yourself a favour and find all the parts yourself and get
quotes for value of them. I can't believe you can't find someone who wants to work on it.

Anyways I took to several body shops, they all declined to work on a 25 year old SUV. Anybody got a lead on a shop or vender that can help with parts or repairs? Thanks.

If they are an ICBC certified repair shop, are they even allowed to do this? I would report them.

Not quite 25 years old, but Craftsman Collision (Imperial St in Burnaby) Did body work on my almost 20 year old BMW a few years back.

If they are an ICBC certified repair shop, are they even allowed to do this? I would report them.

Not quite 25 years old, but Craftsman Collision (Imperial St in Burnaby) Did body work on my almost 20 year old BMW a few years back.

That is a very good question, I'd love to know the answer to that. Somewhat related, and one of the good things about having ICBC as our insurer, is they cannot refuse you insurance (assuming you don't have some legal/safety/health problems) like private can. BCAA, as much as I love them for my home insurance, will not insure older vehicles for example.

They are probably trying to write it off so they can part it out and make Christmas bonuses :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom