I went to the AzLCA meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah Rhino, It would apply , but only if you buy mine!

[quote author=LandCruiserPhil link=board=27;threadid=14508;start=msg136101#msg136101 date=1081549212]
Sjpitts, I was there also parked to the west of you.

Topics discussed:
Should they let other vehicles besides Land Cruiser in the club
How many members need to be there for a vote
When club dues are due
Requirement to go on a run
How many meeting and/or runs you need to attend to stay active
When to have show and shine at Scott Toyota
Meeting place for the Bulldog Canyon run next week
Future runs

No discussion on 4wheelin, 4wd tech, or 4wd vehicles
No introduction of guest
No thank you for coming – what did you think about the club
I was ask by one of the member 'if I had a Cruiser" I replied Yes I have 3 - response "O" and walk away.

About 6 years ago I attended a meeting and the exact same things were discussed. One would think that the bi-laws would have been figured out by now.

I have been a member of another club in town and look forward to the meetings. At the meetings were spouses, kids, laughter, fun and discussion about off road and off road vehicles. The only problem - I was the only Land Cruiser

Sorry but I was not impressed

Phil

[/quote]Yup. I remember those days well ::).

I was at the meeting last month, too. Jared - we spoke for a bit about the tires,etc. I have been about 4-5 times and grown to like the club. For those who havent been show up and check it our for yourself before making any judgements. The club is and always has open for suggestions. Last meeting was somewhat boring, bylaws, bylaws,etc which is important in any organization. I have been there another time when they brought in a EMT and a manager from REI to discuss first aid and kits for the trail. We also decided on first aid kits for the group and got them for half the store price. For some this might not be a big thing, but this happened based on participation by suggestions.
Alot of people tend to criticize something because its alot easier than it is to improve something. Again, the club is making strides and I agree more tech talk should be discussed but it is mostly done after in the parking lot. If you have shown up once or twice before check it out again be apart and suggest things that you think will work.
Chris

Also, I am not aware of other LC groups in the Phoenix area and I would like to check them out.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom