I went to the AzLCA meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It looks like the club is on the serious upswing as to the number of members. The last time I went (several years ago) it seemed like the club had lost some size from previous years.

It sounds like they have alot of good things planned-- some cool runs in planned in the future and a landcruiser show at Scott Toyota. They really seemed like a bunch of good guys.

One interesting fact is that most of the people there were driving 80's. I think the first meeting I attended (~1996) had one 80 and a bunch of 40's. This meeting had one 40, one 55 (mine), one 62, and a bunch of 80's.

Of course, several of the guys there were driving 80's but also own other models.

And these were some nice looking 80's. Seriously, they have very nice trucks. Lots of OME, ARB and Slee on these 80's. Made me want to spend some serious cash on the 80. I must resist that temptation or my wife will want me to sell the 55.

Jared

Sjpitts, I was there also parked to the west of you.

Topics discussed:
Should they let other vehicles besides Land Cruiser in the club
How many members need to be there for a vote
When club dues are due
Requirement to go on a run
How many meeting and/or runs you need to attend to stay active
When to have show and shine at Scott Toyota
Meeting place for the Bulldog Canyon run next week
Future runs

No discussion on 4wheelin, 4wd tech, or 4wd vehicles
No introduction of guest
No thank you for coming – what did you think about the club
I was ask by one of the member 'if I had a Cruiser" I replied Yes I have 3 - response "O" and walk away.

About 6 years ago I attended a meeting and the exact same things were discussed. One would think that the bi-laws would have been figured out by now.

I have been a member of another club in town and look forward to the meetings. At the meetings were spouses, kids, laughter, fun and discussion about off road and off road vehicles. The only problem - I was the only Land Cruiser

Sorry but I was not impressed

Phil

Phil,
You get those windows done yet?

Did they decide on the date for the show and shine?
Is a member of the Scott Toyota staff onhand at the meetings?

Windows are the same - Im lazy

Show and Shine - the week end before or after the 4th???
It will post on the web site.

Another short term memory moment

Scott Toyota is going to do a BBQ and promotion

Phil

[quote author=LandCruiserPhil link=board=27;threadid=14508;start=msg136101#msg136101 date=1081549212]

Topics discussed:
When club dues are due
When club dues are due
Future runs

No introduction of guest

[/quote]

What are the dues for?

Thanks for reminding me why I wont join clubs like that. Hell I just want to meet people with similar interests, I dont want to have to pay to do it and also have restrictions put on how, why and where.

[quote author=LandCruiserPhil link=board=27;threadid=14508;start=msg136101#msg136101 date=1081549212]

Topics discussed:
Should they let other vehicles besides Land Cruiser in the club
When club dues are due
Future runs

No introduction of guest
I was ask by one of the member 'if I had a Cruiser" I replied Yes I have 3 - response "O" and walk away.

About 6 years ago I attended a meeting and the exact same things were discussed. One would think that the bi-laws would have been figured out by now.

I have been a member of another club in town and look forward to the meetings. At the meetings were spouses, kids, laughter, fun and discussion about off road and off road vehicles. The only problem - I was the only Land Cruiser

Sorry but I was not impressed

Phil

[/quote]

WHAT?!?!?

They STILL haven't figured this stuff out?

I have both a 71 FJ40 and a 85 4Runner... I won't attend any meetings from these people unless they include trucks and cruisers... sorry but I think it's silly and elitist to let "ONLY" cruisers in the club. I say is TLCA let's trucks AND cruisers in, then it should be good enough...

But I might attend the "show-n-shine"....

Those dudes need to s*** or get off the pot. If they want to restrict to cruisers only mabe the should sell theres and buy J@@ps, looks like they got the attitude. I will wheel with anything or any other red neck.

Phil and everyone

Alright, I admit that they spent a little more time on "club business" than one would expect, but I assume this would not be a normal occurrence.

I am surprised that they didn't do intro's and stuff, but I got there late, and sort of assumed it had happened before I got there.

They were planning runs, and it sounded like they were planning to do more tech stuff in the future, so it is hard to complain that they did not do anything like this in this one meeting.

I am not sure what they do with the dues money, but it was not that much, and I am sure they have some legitimate expenses. Doesn't some of it go to the TLCA?

I guess in the end they all seemed like good guys, and it sounded like they are going to do some fun things, and that is pretty much all that matters to me. I have never got around to joining any of the clubs, but I would not have a problem joining this one -- or the club one you guys are talking about forming. Is there a rule against joining both?

You can really never have too many landcruiser buddies.

Jared

PS. Copper State Cruisers is definitely the better name.

It was a buddy of mine who got the enthusiast day through the board. I too attended a meeting last month. We need to form our own club and align ourselves with TLCA. I have no problem with the Hilux, 4 Runner, Tacoma... They are capable vehicles. Let these guys have their little LC club.

[quote author=sjpitts link=board=27;threadid=14508;start=msg136594#msg136594 date=1081635870]

...I am not sure what they do with the dues money, but it was not that much, and I am sure they have some legitimate expenses. Doesn't some of it go to the TLCA?...

Jared

PS. Copper State Cruisers is definitely the better name.

[/quote]

Jared,
I don't think they're a charter club anymore, so... no they don't pay dues to the TLCA.

There's obviously no cause of a new club going afoul of the AzLCA. The charters for the Clubs are simply different. I would agree that /any/ Toyota 4WD is acceptable (I don't discriminate too badly :) and the TLCA in its whole is a ``good thing'' and a greater group of common-liked people against whom we wish to spend time, obtain resources, and provide eventual events, and garner benefits.

Sonoran Virtual Cruisers ?

Copper State Cruisers are cool. `CSC'

The alignment with the dealer was also a topic at the last meeting. At one time they had a 20% discount on service and parts but that was with previous management. One of the members volunteered to speak with the new management to see what he could arrange.

C-Dan is the parts connection for Land Cruiser hands down. When you call he knows what you want before you finish describing it. He knows what to stock for Land Cruiser. You receive a generous discount, no tax, and shipping is free after $75.

Phil

I tried to mention this to the club--- but I never got very far.

Last time I went to Scott Toyota (a few weeks ago for radiator fluid) I asked if they still gave the Land Cruiser Discount. They said yes, and gave me 20% off.

The one problem is that this 20% of the "list price" which can be greater than then actual MSRP price.

I bought two gallons of radiator fluid. The "list price" was 14.95 dollars a gallon. With the 20% discount I paid 11.95. I asked CDAN, and he said the MSRP price was actually 12.00 as gallon. I think this list price inflation is really only a major factor on low priced items, but it is still a little annoying.

CDAN is definately the preferred source for anything that can be reasonably mailed.

Jared

[quote author=sjpitts link=board=27;threadid=14508;start=msg137933#msg137933 date=1081822350]
CDAN is definately the preferred source for anything that can be reasonably mailed.
[/quote]

Oh of course. But for that last-minute air filter, lug nut, lost gas cap, etc, etc.

I have a pretty good connection at the Tempe Toyota parts dept. He might be able to get us hooked up down there. I also know the parts manager at Superstion Springs. He's got a pi$$ed off bobbed mini with a marlin Crawler, and the owner Tony Merrit is a real good guy. Problem with those two is the distance for the guys in the north and west valley.

i have been working on some ideas for an "emblem" for the club,,i assume copper state cruisers is the name, we all seem to like it.
i will have a couple axamples at the happy hour a few of us are doing tommorrow,,,,oh and a 20% discount?? would that apply to the taco doublecab im going to buy??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom