I updated the Gen7 maps in our 2013 Land Cruiser from 2012 to 2018. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My dealer will do it for $130 dollars and I can apply my 15% Costco....but everyone told me it doesn’t do much?? Have you seen any improvements, we use the map all the time!

Im confused by your post. Is it an ad? A tutorial? Where are the pictures and step by step instructions?

From what I have seen it updates some POIs and not much else. I compared my 13 LX maps and a friend's 19 4runner, not much difference. Maybe for 100 bucks with a software update it might worth it.

I will report back after I have used it for a while. I won't be a good source for comparing the 2012 and 2018 maps since I used the old map for just a few weeks. I went ahead with the upgrade because I enjoy using the Navi infinitely more than Google Maps and wanted it to be the best it can be.

Last edited:
Followup: We followed the Tennessee TAT and used the Toyota Navigation alongside Google Maps and Gaia, both with offline maps. The Toyota maps were pretty complete with the backroads use by the TAT, and could successfully navigate us off the trail by address when we asked. The POIs were lacking compared to Google, no surprise there. The Toyota routes agreed closely on the distance with Google for routed paths from FL to and from the TAT ends. The Toyota time estimates for the routes were significantly higher than the Google estimates when the route included highways and backroads. The Google estimates were very accurate, no surprise there either.

Very odd that they show the US Maps available for GEN7 only up to 2014 for the LC. I'll have to check what version I have in my '15, but it sure looks like GEN7 to me, based on the photos on that website. But they have no US maps available for the next GEN8 generation, MicroSD based.

I have a 2019 and I find it frustrating to use the NAV. Slow and takes forever to enter a destination. I just have a phone mount and use Waze. Live traffic and quick re-routes if needed. If not for the AC controls, and birds eye view I would rip it out and install an aftermarket headunit.

Does not make sense that Toyota updated the Sequoia and Tundra with Carplay and yet left out the LC. I was watching videos of overseas market LC and they come with Andriod Auto from the factory.

Very odd that they show the US Maps available for GEN7 only up to 2014 for the LC. I'll have to check what version I have in my '15, but it sure looks like GEN7 to me, based on the photos on that website. But they have no US maps available for the next GEN8 generation, MicroSD based.

This is the one I ordered: Toyota & Lexus GEN7 USB Map Update (2012 - 2015) The download I received was 2018. I read that Toyota releases new maps on a two-year cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom