I need good places to wheel (and friends to weld with) in Southern Indiana (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5th set of pics
rusty's BJ75 063.jpg
rusty's BJ75 031.jpg
rusty's BJ75 045.jpg

Pinion brake? really? parking brake? factory?

It's a park brake...has cables & lines going to the wheel brakes can be seen
I believe its factory, as I have seen it once before in a magazine

I get down to redbird now and then. Maybe we could meet up sometime next year.

guys

what id prefer is a wrecked US side of the border 80 series, body is wrecked but everything below body is avail and ready for me to strip, clean up, and jump on

-would prefer the locking front and rear axles
-would prefer having as much of the truck as available (want 4 speed auto trans if possible - will put diesel engine on but materials under hood are good)
-willing to pay $$ for proper setup

looking at a couple options but right now a LONG way away from Indiana.

if you know anybody who has a buddy or whatever can hook up a decent deal not too far away please give me a text / email / call so I can discuss a deal with them for the "right opportunity"

thanks

rusty.phillips@amec.com

guys

what id prefer is a wrecked US side of the border 80 series, body is wrecked but everything below body is avail and ready for me to strip, clean up, and jump on

-would prefer the locking front and rear axles
-would prefer having as much of the truck as available (want 4 speed auto trans if possible - will put diesel engine on but materials under hood are good)
-willing to pay $$ for proper setup

looking at a couple options but right now a LONG way away from Indiana.

if you know anybody who has a buddy or whatever can hook up a decent deal not too far away please give me a text / email / call so I can discuss a deal with them for the "right opportunity"

thanks

rusty.phillips@amec.com

https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/519650-2-fj80s-sale-trade.html

these are about 10 minutes from cincinnati...

>>>>>>>2 fj80's for sale or trade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first is a 1991 fj80 wheeler. has well over 200k, has an ome lift with 33's, welded rear with hubs on the front. has a 10k generic winch that is new. truck is great in the woods and has been driven there alot! i have a set of 35's that i could throw in possibly. will start at $2000 for it.

the second is a 95 fzj80. it has 216k. i picked it up at an auction because i couldnt stand to see it go to someone who didnt know what it was. it runs good, needs a muffler, has a flare missing on the front and i have it. there is one dent on the pass fender that is worth noting. overall the body is very nice. it has very clean tan leather interior as well, needs some tinkering to make it a nice driver or use it as a start to a major build. i have checked the lockers and they work great. i will start at $3800 on this one.

i am in northern ky and can assist in shipping or possible dilevery. would be into trades as well. thanks. cell is 859-760-1942 luke

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
notes from Rusty
the more Im thinking about this, the more im thinking about jumping on the red 95.....

>>>>>>>2 fj80's for sale or trade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first is a 1991 fj80 wheeler. has well over 200k, has an ome lift with 33's, welded rear with hubs on the front. has a 10k generic winch that is new. truck is great in the woods and has been driven there alot! i have a set of 35's that i could throw in possibly. will start at $2000 for it.

the second is a 95 fzj80. it has 216k. i picked it up at an auction because i couldnt stand to see it go to someone who didnt know what it was. it runs good, needs a muffler, has a flare missing on the front and i have it. there is one dent on the pass fender that is worth noting. overall the body is very nice. it has very clean tan leather interior as well, needs some tinkering to make it a nice driver or use it as a start to a major build. i have checked the lockers and they work great. i will start at $3800 on this one.

i am in northern ky and can assist in shipping or possible dilevery. would be into trades as well. thanks. cell is 859-760-1942 luke

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
notes from Rusty
the more Im thinking about this, the more im thinking about jumping on the red 95.....

I talked to him on monday... he has a 3rd 80 now.... He sells/buys/trades all the time... If you are interested you should call him...

:cheers:

ok guys - well a month(+) after the fairly intensive chemo process that zapped the crap out of me and made me feel sleepy most days and terrible a few other days.... (started Nov 1, to wrap up Dec 16th)

I dont have any idea what I was thinking about trying to drag that truck to Bloomington while i was going thru chemo / brain cancer treatment......

I do have a monthly one day phase 3 treatment in Indianapolis hospital for the entire year of 2012, but honestly im going to be only visiting Indiana, not staying long time here....

having said that - there is a good chance I can ask my wonderful Canadian associate, who is amazing in every way, makes my heart sing like never before, and who is a very good onroad driver (& a quick learning offroad driver), to pilot my 80 series (35"s and rear aussie locker) on a wheeling trip stateside (well - ok - combined with me getting phase 3 chemo as well)....

so please let me know if there are any weekend wheeling efforts that I can ask her to wheel the hell out of my 80 series with me as her co-pilot....

the land cruiser could be in place of her honda civic....
unless someone has an extra (beat up?) 40 series we could borrow
(and my gas guzzling 80 series stays in Canada (short term) & and my 75 series stays in Canada (long term))

by the way - my cell is 770-625-6958
email is rusty.phillips@amec.com
Cheers - Rusty

Last edited:
ok guys - well a month(+) after the fairly intensive chemo process that zapped the crap out of me and made me feel sleepy most days and terrible a few other days....

I dont have any idea what I was thinking about trying to drag that truck to Bloomington while i was going thru chemo / brain cancer treatment......

I do have a monthly one day phase 3 treatment in Indianapolis hospital for the entire year of 2012, but honestly im going to be only visiting Indiana, not staying long time here....

having said that - there is a good chance I can ask my wonderful Canadian associate, who is amazing in every way, makes my heart sing like never before, and who is a very good onroad driver (& a quick learning offroad driver), to pilot my 80 series (35"s and rear aussie locker) on a wheeling trip stateside (well - ok - combined with me getting phase 3 chemo as well)....

so please let me know if there are any weekend wheeling efforts that I can ask her to wheel the hell out of my 80 series with me as her co-pilot....

the land cruiser could be in place of her honda civic....
unless someone has an extra (beat up?) 40 series we could borrow
(and my gas guzzling 80 series stays in Canada (short term) & and my 75 series stays in Canada (long term))

by the way - my cell is 770-625-6958
email is rusty.phillips@amec.com
Cheers - Rusty

I will keep you posted. I do runs in central Indiana almost monthly. Good luck with the treatments, you will be in my prayers.

I would love to get together for some off-road driving this summer. I am a teacher and get out mid June. Might also be up for some day runs between now and then on the weekends. It would be in my daily driver 07 FJ Cruiser, so nothing extreme, but fun and a little mud never hurt anyone....right?
Feel free to email me and I can see if my schedule is open.
rboehler@iupui.edu

I would love to get together for some off-road driving this summer. I am a teacher and get out mid June. Might also be up for some day runs between now and then on the weekends. It would be in my daily driver 07 FJ Cruiser, so nothing extreme, but fun and a little mud never hurt anyone....right?
rboehler@iupui.edu

Check out the Windy City Clubhouse, lots more wheelin going on over there.
Good group of misfits.

Gumby said:
Not down in the Indy area we aren't.

We are in the indy area???

fatback said:
rboehler@iupui.edu

Mud hurts lots of people. One could say Ih8mud.

There are no more wheelers in Indy. All that's left is us web wheelers.

Maybe I'll work up the testicular nodules to wheel the Tundra...........nope.

I'd be up for meeting up at Attica or Redbird. That's about as far east as I can go for a short trip.

Gumby said:
To be fair, owning a wheeling rig in a state without any hills is about as smart as owning a boat in a state without any lakes.

wait...

No s***! Not too long ago IN lead the nation in boat registrations, and I'm thinkin', how?!!?!

Sent from this thing in my hand, no the other thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom