Hzj 78 Expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah thanks. You have much more space in the sidewalls than I have. I measured it, and have only something like 6 or 7cm. In which I also do some insulation (for heat and driving sound)

I understand that you made some yourself. I would not be afraid to do that.
But I'm gonna stick to the plan of building a second watertank under the car (at the spare tire place).
This sounds like a really nice alternative, but I calculated it, and I could only store a very limited amount.

if you have only 6-7 cm , in the side panels , that's not enough to make a good capacity water tank .
water under the car is a very good solution .
consider also to go over that transmission shaft .
in other words to make a water tank with the shape of U upside down .
i hope my words are not confusing .
But I don't know the shape and space of the Hiace , must be very different then the 78 .

bye Renago

Shape and spaces are different, but concept is the same.
Over the driveshaft is possible, but then you end up with the exhaust at the right side.
On the left side there is some space to do something, but that is a nice space where I will put my small hot water boiler.
At the place of the spare tire I can add something like 60 liter or a bit more.

But then first the rear bumper has to be made which will carry the spare tire, so I can remove the spare tire from under the car.

Thanks for the info.

Hi Hiace ,
I have removed all the exsaust pipes under the car , and moved it to the side of the car .
In this way , you get a bit more noise , which I personally hate , but gain a lot of space , and lower egt .
But you are the guy that must make the decision .
Bye Renago

Yes that is a good idea, and would give a lot of space for long and narrow tanks, or long and flat ones over the driveshaft.
But I think it is not necessary for me. And we have done a lot to make the van more quite, so I wouldn't want extra noise.
But I can check into it when I really need the long range extra fuel tanks.

Anyway, enough about that. Back to your Landcruiser.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom