hydroboost puking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I could use a little help fromt he experts...
Installed a hydroboost system on my build, and now that I have it running, everytime I stop the engine, it ends up puking fluid out of hte resevoir. At first I thought I had simply overfilled, but it seems like it should have vomited out to the correct level by now.

The power sterring seems smooth, so I think it has burped out the at least most of the air by this point. The brakes are still very pulsey though, so maybe there is more.

Any advise on where to start looking?
Brian

It's gonna be tougher since the reservoir isn't your highest point, but it certainly sounds to me like you've still got air in the lines.

Can you unbolt the hydroboost booster and get it lower than the PS reservoir? I bet that would help.

or maybe drive it up the side of a wall?

could I install a bleeder valve int eh return line off ofthe hydroboost? That woudl be nice and high up and might let me bleed the air out. Takign the whole thing off hte firewall woudl me a real pain, I would probably switch to a vacuum boost if I was going through that much trouble.

could I install a bleeder valve int eh return line off ofthe hydroboost? That woudl be nice and high up and might let me bleed the air out. Takign the whole thing off hte firewall woudl me a real pain, I would probably switch to a vacuum boost if I was going through that much trouble.

funny thing it's I have a vacc ( factory ) brake MC setup and looking for a hydro boost .. :D but thanks for getting feedback from your experience ..

which hydro MC you use .. ?

Edit: in a second thought maybe unbolt your reservoir and with a longer hose put it over your hydro boost level will be much more easy .. jsut to allow the air out of the system and then puting back kin the place that you got for it ..

I've had the puking resevoir issue too, only a few times though. Are you running rear disks too? My biggest issue was the rear disks were dragging & tightening down constantly. I called powerbrakes hydroboosts vacuum boosters everything for your extreme braking needs & talked w/ Van. It's been a while & from what I can remember, he said the valving wasn't up to par cuz the system came from a military CUCV w/ rear drums. I had him hi-flow the hydroboost masters in both my rigs. I haven't had them on the road to test out yet :meh: I've read on Pirate where someone modified the booster by drilling out one of the restrictor mech. w/ a larger drill bit to get more flow. May try a search over there.....

yes, running rear discs too. I have a perportioning valve in line, but havent adjusted it yet.

It is a unit out of an astrovan (I think). I redid the bleeding proceedure again last night (elevate the front end and turn the wheels 40 times), and that helped a little, so maybe it is just an air issue. No puking now, but still pulsing pedal. I will try it again tonight.

A pulsing pedal while applying the brakes generally means that you have one or more warped rotors.

A pulsing pedal while applying the brakes generally means that you have one or more warped rotors.

Possibly, but doubt that's the case here. I had the pulsing pedal when the rig is parked. I think it has to do w/ restricted line pressure. I have an adjustable prop valve too, but could not get the adjustment right when I first installed this unit. Has the OP called Van yet to get a pros response?

Last edited:
I had the pulsing pedal when the rig is parked. I think it has to do w/ restricted line pressure.

Pulsing pedal when at full stop? Well that is a new one for me, but I'm not familiar with hydroboost brakes.

Don

yep, pulsing at dead stop. It is a hydroboost thing... a thing I want to go away. I havent done much more with it yet, I am spending hte weekend tryign to sort out the more pressing death-wobble issues. The joys of a freshly built truck! After solving my wobble, I think I will start with adjusting the porportioning valve adn see if that helps. I also noticed that my return line that goes to my cooler may be kinked, so I need to fix that to make sure I have good flow. Will go from there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom