Events/Trails Hurricane Creek 2022, May 20-22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Day 1
On the way to "super secret, husha yo mouth, we don't need no solo stove" camp spot ;)
IMG_4893.JPG
IMG_4894.JPG
IMG_4895.JPG
IMG_4897.JPG
IMG_4900.JPG
IMG_4901.JPG
IMG_4902.JPG
IMG_4903.JPG
IMG_4904.JPG

Last edited:
Didn't get any pics heading into the Martha Sundquist campsite. But once we dropped trailers and left a few stragglers to monitor camp, the rest of the adventurers bombed up Snowbird Mtn (elevation 4200) where there is a FAA air traffic control beacon. The view to the east was spectacular, but to the north we could see a wall of rain.
IMG_4921.JPG
IMG_4923.JPG
IMG_4926.JPG
IMG_4928.JPG
IMG_4930.JPG
IMG_4933.JPG
IMG_4934.JPG

After that, the pack split up again with the Ebys and Rob heading back to camp. Four of us headed north, into the storm. No pics, but the deluge came with lightning and peanut sized hail. I was beginning to wonder if heading into uncharted territory was a great idea. By the time we climbed Rocky Top the rains subsided and the skies cleared up. Then as we passed through Rocky Top Gap, the views were amazing.

Charles found us a lovely rutted bog, and of course we all gave it a shot, but Ryan's sas'd 100 was the only one that didn't need to winch through. We made some new tracks and connected some more dots, and discovered some old homesteads on the way back to camp. I have a bunch of dashcam footage that I'll sift through (554 minutes worth) and post up the highlights.

According to my GPS tracks we covered over 45 miles on Saturday with an average moving speed of 11.9 mph, mind you that's average, so there were places where we did much faster speeds!

IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4937.JPG

IMG_4941.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like you guys had a great weekend. So disappointed to not make this one. Stuck in SC still as we speak finishing up a refuel outage at Oconee Nuclear station. Delays here kept me out. I’m bummed. Great pics. Looking forward to seeing more

Thanks for posting! 2nd says the video is private.
Yeah, it hadn't finished publishing yet when I posted the link. Should be fine now if you refresh the page.

Glad I bailed , turns out I got Covid and I would have had it on the trip

Looks like HC is fun again! I remember back when they had smoothed it out for the most part. Been many years, but great pics!

I found myself singing along with the music....

You're stuck..... oh yeah you're stuck.....

Cos you took a s***ty line with that truck..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom