hubs and supercharger!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Land Cruiser, between the years of 1976-1978. 1979 will have the shorter lock out body and will not work with the longer outer axle stub your 1978 will have.

1975 and earlier will not work, as they are coarse spline and not 30 spline.

Where do you live?

really? thath cool but : can you tell me on wich vehicle it is mounted(make, year,mode) so i can run this weekend to my local boneyard and look for.

Thanks

You musta missed the "rare" part. I think they came on '76-'78 FJ55s here in the US. You might post in the "Parts Wanted" section here on Mud. There are a couple of guys that find them, rebuild them and sell them.

GL

Ed

hi everyone.

Theres any afordable and reliable hubs wich i can install in my stock 1978's BJ40 diesel land cruiser ? can't go Warn because they are very expensive where i live( 3 times more than U.S. prices!!!) and superwinch have not local dealer. I been thinking if some Asco (Aisin) hub from any other toyota vehicle can be used in mine so i can buy it from a local junker/ boneyard.

BTW, you can pick up a set of used Warn sine-splines much cheaper that anything Aisin. I sold a pair for $40.

hub picture

itook a picture of my axle.May be this can help to identify what f.....axle/hub do i need.
S5030066.jpg

I'll bet you can trade the drive plates you have for a pair of used Warns.

of coarse i can make a trade/swap but need the "who" with correct used Warns..so...

theres a 70's fj55 equieped with Selectro hubs at a local boneyard. If it is a 1976 thru 1978 year :it is fullt compatible with mine? ia think i can offer my drive plates and add some money for a trade, but need to know if it is compatible because the boneyard ownwer makes no refund he is too creedy and grumpy...that son of vitch

theres a 70's fj55 equieped with Selectro hubs at a local boneyard. If it is a 1976 thru 1978 year :it is fullt compatible with mine?

Yes, provided, you remove those lockouts from the 55 and they are fine spline.

Poor Dominican Cruisers

Dominican republic (caribbean)

I was in Cabarete before Christmas and saw a nice looking 40 for just a second. Also saw more sick diesel Toyotas & Nissans then I ever have before.

Poor 40s probably rust away before your eyes down there, but they are probably handy to have.

That looks to me like the long axle fine spline - try to get one of those nice Norwegian tourists to bring you a pair from Europe - they're cheap here - look on ebay.de, every once in while there'll be the aisin hubs you need for €29.

Cabarete...thats at north nice beaches,nobody speak spanish at cabarete(is like visiting a whole other country,cool!!)many cruiser owner dont care to much about their rigs: driving overloaded,no weekend car washing, really low maintenance with low and cheap motor oil.really sad, man.But if you trying to buy the rig and take it apart from that painfull torture the owner will tell you :"that's a classic, a really tough vehicle wich are not made any more (you know..exclusive)...it's not for sale but if you paid $6,000 ill think abou it" I have many years living in this country and let me tell you that's a quite common and sadistic attitude around here.Sometimes the owner knows a practice is wrong and he keep it anyway...I just dont understand! And they are not well people,i mean, they have not money to buy a newer vehicle and dont care the rig they got. this is Stupidland....

no kidding ...I been toll norvwegian are quite racist even with europeans!!!
Besides, imagine this:
me:...uhum..Excuse me sir?
norwegian tourist(racist):yeah...what!!
me:my name is (typical latino name) and i...i...(clear my throth) have a cruiser in wich want to install a good pair of Aisin hubs...sssso i...i been thinking if you may aaallow me to ask if you cccccan bring them to me in your next vacation tttrip...ssir!!
what the fxxx are saying? you piece of ..... mother.... what the you think i am? Santa CLaus!!! you mother...... do i look like some kind of wishfair ?..police...police...this guy is trying to rober me!!!

no way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom