Hub Centric vs not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon folks. Ive been doing some thread browsing for awhile and while there are plenty of threads and redirects for folks who are using FJ cruiser wheels on the 40 series with spacers, the question I am trying to figure out is which spacer to use. For those who have used spacers, did you order a hub centric spacer or just use a standard spacer and had no issues. Specifically I have looked at the Spidertrax 1.5" spacer for the 40 series. Will just have to use lug centric lug nuts to make it work properly? Thank you for your help!

The hub centric spacers I was looking at (listed for a Tacoma) wouldn’t clear my front or rear FF hubs. I needed 4.25” to clear my hubs and they were only 4” ID... I’m not sure if the measurements were exact, but the difference was too great to be workable.

The hub centric spacers I was looking at (listed for a Tacoma) wouldn’t clear my front or rear FF hubs. I needed 4.25” to clear my hubs and they were only 4” ID... I’m not sure if the measurements were exact, but the difference was too great to be workable.

So did you just use standard spacers then? Which wheels did you use?

"hub centric" meaning there is something on the hub that's keeping it centered?
No, semi floating axles in the rear, not much (if any) of a "hub" on them with drum brakes, and the spacers have a gap between them and what little ridge there is.
(no spacers in the front, but no idea what the PO changed for the disk brake conversion).
IMG_20200629_180649.jpg

So did you just use standard spacers then? Which wheels did you use?
So far I’ve only got one standard one on my spare tire. I’m running aftermarket white spokes which rely on the studs.

Think most spacers unless there are really thick would standard tapered lug nuts. Hub centric are deeper lug nuts which might interfere with rims being used if they stick out past the spacer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom