How to stop a dog from doing its business on my driveway? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spray your driveway with Ammonia. Cheap and easy.

Now that is funny in so many ways.

Find dead dog, find dead dogs crap. Leave dead dog and dead dogs crap in driveway. Maybe fido will get the hint.

Actually my St. Bernard tends to get lazy in the winter too. If there is snow on the ground and the spirit moves him he will build a cabin. My neighbor found one in her driveway the hard way. After his cabins freeze it seems her Ford Focus wagon is not all terrain enough to drive over such an obstacle. She was late for work, can you imagine telling your boss you were late for work because the neighbors dog **** in your driveway and you got stuck on it?

Anyway, I stuck his nose in it and yelled at him just like when he was a puppy. Then the neighbors lab came over and ate the frozen turds. What a good dog. Now my St. B doesn't crap anywhere it snows any more.

I've found if my dogs are crapping in the driveway, I shovel it up in front of them and put it where I want them to crap. I realize you city folk don't want shovel fulls of s*** sitting in the back yard, but after I've shown them a few times they figger it out. Then I never have to scoop poop again!

I pick it up with a shovel and throw it in my a**hole neighbor's yard. 9/10 my dog now does his #2 in their yard or in the street. Yee haw.

Similar theory. It takes too long to walk over to my a****** neighbor's, but the dog does tend to poop where you pile it.

Ken,

sit in the back yard with a BB gun... (one pump) shoot it in the rump when you see him doing it.. :)

hehehe Just kidding..

I'd try the moving the pile thing..

Um, dogs don't **** where they sleep. That's the whole principle behind crate training...

...mine does, 3 days ago he actually sh*t and then laid in it...

Noise maker and show him/her where you want him to go. When I bought my house ten years ago I walked my then 2yo Lab/Catahoula mix around the perimeter not on a leash. Every time he stepped over the property line I wacked him on the ass w/ a rolled up newspaper. Also, he was born in a woodworkers shop and spent a good percentage of his first two months on concrete, so when I got him he would only piss and s*** on the concrete, the rolled up newspaper worked then too.

Good luck!

My dogs pee everywhere I pee.

Pee where you want him to pee.

lol I did that with my new puppy the other day after we got him, and it worked.

For some reason, our dog (golden retriever) just can't seem to defacate and urinate in the dirt area of our backyard when its wintertime. He insists on going on my nice driveway next to both of my CRUISERS.The smell is driving me insane!!
Sooo, my question is, does anyone have a remedy to this issue without blocking my driveway completely off from him to walk on?

walk him, bring a baggie with you, takes seconds, treat him nicely, like a family member - just a few minutes and he gives you back 100% unconditional love 100% of the time and won't crap in your driveway.:D

OK! So I just got home and guess what? More shait and piss on the driveway:mad:. I scooped it all up and placed it in the dirt area in the back.When I let him out this evening I am going to lead him to and tell him to go there. We will see if this works.

Kent,I agree, I don't like bagging it either!

As for putting ammonia on the driveway, I might as well let him piss all over the place because that stuff stinks!

Its the piss smell that I have a hard time with. After a day or so the turds dry up and are easy to deal with.

Most dogs will take a dump when you take them for a walk. It sounds like you don't take the dog for walks. He's very likely trying to tell you that he wants you to take him for a walk. He's smart enough to know that crapping in your driveway gets your attention. Dogs can be pretty smart, we just have to pay attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom