How to mount my Warn 16.5ti?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm sure this question have been asked before but I can't seem to find anything in search. I had to mod my 4x4 labs front bumper to fit the Warn 16.5ti winch only to find that the winch was meant to be mounted with the feet facing forward. The 4x4 labs front bumper winch plate is of course feet facing downwards so I clocked the winch to mount feet facing down.
After a few days, I keep thinking it should be facing feet forward bc it would actually pull the truck forward.
Is this true? Will mounting feet down put more stress on the feet and mounting bolts before the truck can move forward?

@Warn Industries please advise, appreciate your time.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm having this same issue with my warn series 12 and my 4x4 labs bumper. I didn't have to mod the bumper to get the winch in but i am going to have to add some square tube stock spacers to mount the winch feet forward. What did you have modify?

Given the pulling power it's mandatory putting them feet facing forward ..

I use one of these with my 16.5 winch ( Superwinch )

Foot-down-winch-mount-kit.gif

and build my bumper around it ..

I'm having this same issue with my warn series 12 and my 4x4 labs bumper. I didn't have to mod the bumper to get the winch in but i am going to have to add some square tube stock spacers to mount the winch feet forward. What did you have modify?

I had to cut off the big hoop to fit the winch and weld it on the outside.

Given the pulling power it's mandatory putting them feet facing forward ..

I use one of these with my 16.5 winch ( Superwinch )

Foot-down-winch-mount-kit.gif

and build my bumper around it ..

This is a cool solution, I was dreading having to cut and weld. Do you recall the material thickness? I don't see this spec on their website or amazon.

found actual dimensions!
Warn P/N 11078 are: 27.5" wide X 8.5" tall x 7" deep

Hey guys, I'm sure this question have been asked before but I can't seem to find anything in search. I had to mod my 4x4 labs front bumper to fit the Warn 16.5ti winch only to find that the winch was meant to be mounted with the feet facing forward. The 4x4 labs front bumper winch plate is of course feet facing downwards so I clocked the winch to mount feet facing down.
After a few days, I keep thinking it should be facing feet forward bc it would actually pull the truck forward.
Is this true? Will mounting feet down put more stress on the feet and mounting bolts before the truck can move forward?

@Warn Industries please advise, appreciate your time.

View attachment 1462491

View attachment 1462492
Holy Moly Big Birtha! A 16K winch...

This is a cool solution, I was dreading having to cut and weld. Do you recall the material thickness? I don't see this spec on their website or amazon.

can measure tomorrow and I'll post ..

Holy Moly Big Birtha! A 16K winch...

This is the best size to have, people struggle with their 8k-10k winches. You should go M12000 or higher, Surprisingly the M12000bus only a few pounds lighter than the 16.5k and dimensions are almost identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom