How to identify wires for car tracker installation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello good people,

I would like to install a GPS tracker, GT06N to be precise, in my Prado 150 series. I want to do it by myself and I need help in identifying which wire is which. I'm talking about the wire loom that goes alongside the car, by the driver's seat. There are a whole bunch of them, all loomed together, and I would specifically like to find out which one provides power to the fuel pump.

My tracker allows for remote fuel pump disconnection (in case of car theft for instance), as well identification when the door is open and so on.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

If all you here is crickets here (nobody seems to know), try over here. GX - 2nd Gen (2010-present) - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion
There's a fellow on there Acrad35751 that has a ton of knowledge. He's added Crawl Control, M/T control and other goodies to his GX460. Albeit, I did say GX460 and not Prado. But like I said, if you don't get a reply on this site, try ClubLexus.

Thank you for the recommendation. I've asked on that forum as well.

I had another thought, what if, instead of messing with that loom, I only work with the wires coming out of the push to start button? What I want to get is this: I need a always on +12V (easy), ground (easy), ACC on (easy) and a way to stop the vehicle (not so easy for me). What wire coming out of the push button will, if interrupted, stop the vehicle or prevent it from stopping? I don't want to cut them all to try.

If all you here is crickets here (nobody seems to know), try over here. GX - 2nd Gen (2010-present) - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion
There's a fellow on there Acrad35751 that has a ton of knowledge. He's added Crawl Control, M/T control and other goodies to his GX460. Albeit, I did say GX460 and not Prado. But like I said, if you don't get a reply on this site, try ClubLexus.

Why not just run a wire through the steering column straight to your batteries terminals? That is what was done with the switches to my winch, compressor and auxiliary lights. They are separate form the ignition.
Is that what you're kind of looking to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom