How to debug “door open” light? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BOTH lights coming on is interesting. that's not how it was designed by toyota. but with the aftermarket alarm, it is quite possible someone bridged the light ground wires to the door switches (red-yellow, red-blue) at the footwell connector.

there are 5 door switches. disconnect four. test. rinse and repeat.

you could also just pull the 10A DOME fuse to make it all go dark.

So for completeness' sake, an update from my end as the thread starter ... car is parked for a couple of months (long story... will update my story post in the other thread), I've been doing some "might as well" maintenance - and as part of it, I took off all the plastic panels and looked at every switch. Turns out that while the front switches were in somewhat poor condition (and I actually spent time cleaning them insteaad of spending the $10 or so per switch, lol), the rear ones literally disintegrated, so much so that the wiring fell off off one of them.

So I just stopped, ordered four switches, replaced them all and bang! Everything works splendidly. Thank you all for the advice... I'm very glad I didn't have a loose ground somewhere. That would've been a nightmare to debug...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom