How much does an 80 series top weigh? Guesses? (1 Viewer)

How much does a 80 series top weigh

• 150 - 200 lbs

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 200-250 lbs

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • 250-300 lbs

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • 300-350 lbs

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 350 + lbs

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
took the top off the '94 I'm slooooowwwwly parting out. Took it in to get cash for the metal - was actually surprised how low scrap steel is. About 1/25 what scrap aluminum is. So I pocketed my $2.30, and started thinking about the weight of the top. So, the question is, how much do you think the top of a 80 series weighs? Cut from the windows up.

wow, thought someone would guess.... 230lbs if anyone cares, which it seems no one does. More interesting is the truck weighs about 5700lbs

Of which the engine is the single heaviest sub-assembly, followed by the transmission/transfer case.

The frame is prolly ~500 lbs.

I knew that aluminum around here was 40-45 cents per lb. I was going to participate but you already gave the answer.

My truck weighs 5740 pounds, with all my gear and my fat ass in it. The trailer hitch and running boards must have weighed a ton!

-Spike

Well, maybe it was all in my head, but after I chopped the top off my '92, enough weight was gone that I was able to fit 37" tires. I was running 35's with the top on and the 2" OME lift. It also got a full 8-point cage installed, but there was also a lot of weight taken off without any of the widows.
07 woes  SC '03.jpg
25.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure you took the roof glass out, but what about the other metal? I'm curious as to how top heavy my sunroofless 91 isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom