How Many Survivors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No it's not a 25 just give your contact information to me :rolleyes:

This is a 25 soft top. The main tup is a 25 with the round door opening and wheel wells. This is just typical none stock 25. Alot of 25s have had there seats, wheels and bumpers change over the years. That's why some of us are buy more than one. I have one that has a 2F in it. Only one in my four had the right wheels and bumper. I'm lucky all my had stock tranny, transfer and axles. Over forty years things wear out are not easy to replace with stock. Later 40 parts will replace some of the 25 parts. the tires were skinny (so were replaced with wider wheels and tires), seat were not the most comfortable ( pulled stock and replaced with comfortable buckets and so on). So in a effort to get one to stock to buy more than one go get the parts you can and hopefully have some parts to trade for the ones you need. Cruiser-Nerd and Foxfab are working on making replacement bows and tops for these because there is no other source. If this 25 has the stock drive train this would be a nice find.

John

thanks for the info. the spare tire on the driver side i noticed was different from other pics here.

now i'll have to get off my duff and try to contact the owner. it been sitting there a couple years at least, but is over 1 hour from Albuquerque.

BionicCruiser said:
now i'll have to get off my duff and try to contact the owner. it been sitting there a couple years at least

Just out of curiosity, if you do get in touch with the owner, ask if that FJ-25 has any previous Arizona roots that he knows of. Thanks.

sure. will do.

foxfab said:
spare tire mounted on the wrong side. and signals on the fenders.

After looking at that B&W picture of the Japanese 25 you posted in the 'Archive' thread, the left side spare tire and the exact same 'winkers' on the fenders would make it match . . . . if it wasn't for the left hand drive on this one. :confused:

BionicCruiser said:
now i'll have to get off my duff and try to contact the owner.

Give a holler or start a new thread on what to look for. Nothing I see in the picture would put me off. But......knowing what was original and not would affect what you plan to do with the rig (whether to buy it, or not to buy it, is never the question). In other words ...... restoration candidate.......daily driver....trail rig? Sometimes the real rare items I've found came from trucks that had so many parts swapped the only thing that made them a 25 were the rear fender openings and frame number.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom