How many LC200s are there in the US? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 5.7 is 0-60 in 6.5, correct?

So 8.2 is a bit slow...

The overseas Landcruiser weights about 300lbs more in diesel trim that the American version.

The incredible performance of the USA spec LC is caused by the impressive 5.7 iForce.

101 hp more than the diesel and the same exact 6 speed transmission with the same ratios and final drives. The 4.5 has more tq and helps it going but it was off set by the impressive 381hp 5.7

Also, the 4.5 diesel tows up to 7700lbs.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people say they want the 4.5 diesel but in reality the 4.5 diesel Land Cruiser is about $105,000 US.

0-60 is about 8.2 seconds. Towing is about the same.

What is cool is the UK Land Cruisers. Toyota blends the (LX) suspension wiith the Land Cruiser diesel and throws in things like power second rows seats and power rear hatch.

And Toyota has had significant issues with this powerplant. I have not read whether or not they have gotten a handle on the fixes yet...

And Toyota has had significant issues with this powerplant. I have not read whether or not they have gotten a handle on the fixes yet...

News to me. I haven't heard a thing about 4.5 diesel issue.

I have heard about 5.7 snapping camshafts...

Any idea how many LC200's have been sold in the US? How about 570s?
?

Toyota once sold 30,000 LC/LX 100 series SUVs in 1999 or 2000. I can't remember which year but sales of Toyota's were booming and there was no Sequoia in the works.

Sales of the current LC/LX are bout 11,000 combined. That is about what they were selling per year with the 80's series back in he 1990's. I think overall the LC and LX are doing very well considering the economy however do I fear that Toyota will eventually cancel the Land Cruiser and only keep the LX

I see alot of 200s in LC trim but i've seen 4 LX570s.

Toyota once sold 30,000 LC/LX 100 series SUVs in 1999 or 2000. I can't remember which year but sales of Toyota's were booming and there was no Sequoia in the works.

Sales of the current LC/LX are bout 11,000 combined. That is about what they were selling per year with the 80's series back in he 1990's. I think overall the LC and LX are doing very well considering the economy however do I fear that Toyota will eventually cancel the Land Cruiser and only keep the LX

I can't see them cancelling the LC. I think there are too many international, outside North America, that want and need a vehicle like this. I could see them cancelling it in the U.S....like they did with the LC in Canada a number of years back.

I see a lot of them, but they are hard to differentiate from Rav4's.

Really. The front end of the Land Cruiser 200 looks like no other Toyota. The sides do a little but even the rears look nothing alike.

I do often mistake the 100 series LC with the 1st gen highlander.

Really. The front end of the Land Cruiser 200 looks like no other Toyota. The sides do a little but even the rears look nothing alike.

I do often mistake the 100 series LC with the 1st gen highlander.

Me too, I love the looks of the highlander but it just wasn't ever big enough. You really don't see how much the 200 looks like the Rav4? I'm sure someday I will buy a 200 LC, since I also love the Rav4 but want that big V8.

Me too, I love the looks of the highlander but it just wasn't ever big enough. You really don't see how much the 200 looks like the Rav4? I'm sure someday I will buy a 200 LC, since I also love the Rav4 but want that big V8.

I dont see a resemblance at all. Especially the front.

The grilles are slanted opposite, the fog lights are rectangle on the LC, circle on the RAV, LC has no space between headlights and grille.

As for the rears. They look totally different. The rear of the RAV actually has a spare tire while the LC does not.

sorry to bring some bad news but on the way to work i pass my lexus dealership and they had 8 yes 8 lx 570's! not sure if they were 08 or 09's. I wil try to take a picture when i pick up my daughter from school later on today. I really believe the economy is killing this high end price vehicle more then any other.

I seem to see a decent number of them in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. At least I come across one every few days or so.

Sadly, most driven by plasticky soccer moms or CEO-type Alpha males (if you've been to Scottsdale you get it) chatting away on cell phones who don't know/could care less about the capabilities. To them it's a big sedan for running errands around town.

The good news: this means that, like 100s, a few years down the road there'll be plenty on the market used that never even saw a dirt road, had the diff locked, or the crawl control engaged.

Update - Saw 2 in one day. 1 Dark gray and 1 gold. I have not seen 2 in a month.

I don't think the Lexus LX or Toyota LC are doing that bad. Toyota did have a great year when they launched the 200 series last year. These vehicle are $70k and $80k + vehicle so its not like there is a buyer on every corner.

In my area, the LX is barely seen on the lot. We do have one red coloured demo that just can't sell. I think it is the color. From what I hear, the Tundra and Sequoia are really doing poorly. Toyota still has a lot of 2008 Sequoia's for sale.

sorry for the bad picture but they also ave one of those baby blue ones on the lawn and a white one in the showroom
Picture053.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom