How many HP can i push into my K082 axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to re power my BJ44 003602 which has a 2B 4cyl engine with K082 axles and H41 transmission. I dont really want to be fiddling with the drive line after the transmission. How do i decide what the highest output engine i could use without destroying my diff or side shafts or prop shaft. Could i fit 1HZ safely or is the power too much for these axles. How do i work out the power rating of these axles. Im guessing its a little more complicated than just the power input though - and help/advice or even link to existing thread on this would be great.
Thanks

I don't know if this will help or not but maybe it will give you an idea of what the driveline will take. My brother-in-law was trying to pull a tree from his from yard. He dug a 360 degree trench round the trunk and cut every root. I hooked up my LC to the trunk with a tow strap and was on asphalt. My first attempt to pull the tree out of the hole failed, stopped me dead in my tracks. I decided to back up and hit it harder. My LC had built 350 backed by factory 3 spd trans and transfer case. The second time I floored it and when I hit the end of the strap it snapped me to a stop but chirped the tires and launched the LC into the air. The force caused my right foot to jam the throttle to the floor and when it came down the tires chirped again and threw the LC into the air again. Now this is with 33-12.5x15 tires. When it came down the second time I heard a loud pop or snap. I was able to push myself off the steering wheel and let off the throttle. I was able to put it in reverse and get free from the tow strap. I then pulled it into the driveway. While investigating what cause the noise I found the following; front passenger side axle had snapped and pushed the end out of my Warn hub. Inspection of the rear axle showed that the spider gears were gone but no axle damage. To get things repaired it took a new short front outside shaft, replacement Warn hub and new spiders in the rear axle. This was factory open axles.

Factory drive train will handle a whole lot of torture without failing. The tree wasn't free but it did reveal a tap root that went straight down and kept the tree from being pulled out. Axe through the root and it finally came out.
Lol thanks it seems I don't need to do much to this drive train unless I put a monster power house under the hood and try pull a baobab tree down. Thanks for the insight lol

Lol thanks it seems I don't need to do much to this drive train unless I put a monster power house under the hood and try pull a baobab tree down. Thanks for the insight lol
To this day, the one thing I've never been able to figure out is how the hell I was able to drive it back into the driveway with a busted front axle and no spider gears in the rear end. The other thing I learned is don't go with the Toyota fix it book because it took me half the time and half the money then they said it should have cost to get it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom