How Does Your ARB Fridge Handle Winter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
I'm travelling up north next week where the evening temps are averaging about 18F. I run my ARB 50 all the time and I'm concerned about how the freezing ambient temps will affect it. I plan to leave it 1/2 stocked with food (water/cheeses/meats/etc.) as usual to consume during the trip.

Does anyone have experience with this situation?

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it. The insulation should keep your fridge side from freezing, if you have the fridge/freezer. Really, though it shouldn't be a problem, to leave it running. It just won't need to run in that kind of weather. It'll kick in and run when it needs to. That's been my experience with my National Luna 50L and I think the ARB would do the same. BTW, I live in that kind of weather...lol.

My fridge has been in below freezing temps many times. It won't run and if the cold lasts long enough, may actually get colder inside the fridge, but it won't hurt the fridge. But I agree, don't worry about it.

It will operate just fine. Keep mine in my cruiser all winter

As stated... it will be fine... just will not run as often....!!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I use my NL Weekender in cold weather. It kinda freaks me out a bit, cause it's warmer in the fridge than
outside. Weird.

Bonus, when the fridge is running it will help warm your truck if you sleep inside with it.

Its working out fine. It got to 30 without issue, food is fine. Tonight is 19, dont foresee any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom