How do I get the sunroof and all the windows to open from the remote? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On our 2004, I just hold the unlock button down. Doesn't seem to work on our 2014LX

I'm pretty sure this function is not enabled by default. There might be a way to enable it through TechStream though.

Correct, you need to do it through Techstream. I did mine a few months ago, it was super easy. I can't recall the exact menu but it only took a minute to find and configure.

I asked my local dealer how much they wanted to active mine, I got quoted $65 to do it.

Carista OBD dongle and app will do it. I did it on my 2015

Got my Carista today and activated this.

There’s a setting for closing them with the remote as well, but I can’t figure out how to make that work. Anyone know?

Got my Carista today and activated this.

There’s a setting for closing them with the remote as well, but I can’t figure out how to make that work. Anyone know?

Disabled/blocked in the US trucks, AFAIK. More lawyers.

Funny, i think my 2015 LC did support going back up. I need to check since it's still 2nd winter, fools spring in MA and I haven't opened he windows

EDIT: nope, mine will not go up.

Last edited:
Is there anything it can't do that you would need Techstream for?

Honestly, I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. It's so convenient to just have an app on your phone that connects via Bluetooth. No cables, no schlepping your computer over to the truck and trying to balance it on the center armrest. Just be advised that getting to the Configuration screen when you start the app takes a looonngggg time, several minutes of it thinking. I had no trouble swapping the TPMS codes to my summer tires (but you have to know the codes already).

Honestly, I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. It's so convenient to just have an app on your phone that connects via Bluetooth. No cables, no schlepping your computer over to the truck and trying to balance it on the center armrest. Just be advised that getting to the Configuration screen when you start the app takes a looonngggg time, several minutes of it thinking. I had no trouble swapping the TPMS codes to my summer tires (but you have to know the codes already).

thanks for the reply. I was wondering about TPMS, question answered. I think I will grab one, sounds much more convenient than techstream.

I just got rid of my old Audi A4, and the car had the capability, but was region locked. I coded that module for some other country and it activated. I haven't used TechStream or Carista before, but just a thought.

My 2008works fine.
Hold unlock til they all open...
Hold lock until they all close.
Works a charm.

Tip: If you aren’t tall enough to see the sunroof (or even if you are), make sure you keep holding til it is fully closed...since the sunroof is slower than side windows. Could be a bad mistake in rainy weather.

My 2008works fine.
Hold unlock til they all open...
Hold lock until they all close.
Works a charm.

Tip: If you aren’t tall enough to see the sunroof (or even if you are), make sure you keep holding til it is fully closed...since the sunroof is slower than side windows. Could be a bad mistake in rainy weather.

Holding the button on the remote? Or holding the key in the door lock?

Holding the button on the remote? Or holding the key in the door lock?

No physical key.
With fob in range...
-Hold remote unlock button down to open all...keep holding til you want them to stop.
-Hold door button down to close all...until they are closed, or until you let go (let go if you want to leave partial, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom