How did you route the heated seat wired for the seat back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gofast

SILVER Star
Threads
All,

Finally getting around to installing the Metric TLC leather kit I bought in 2012. I went brown and it's really nice!

Not much really wrong with my oak skins aside from one small hole on the back of the second row and wearing vinyl on the driver's side bottom bolster near the switch. I might list the set for sale.

At the time of purchase, I bought the seat heater kit. The threads are great but I can't seem to find any info on how to route the wire for the seat back element. Would love some advice.

Pics when I go back into the house

back%20seat%20wire_zpsosyz3tlh.jpg

Curious how others have run this down and under the seat. where did you punch holes etc?

Sorry I didn't take a pic. Punched a hole through the seat back foam so that wire can be routed out the back side just above the round tube frame for the seat back. It then routes under behind the seat bottom and gets mostly hidden by the skirt flap that attaches with push plugs between seat back and seat bottom.

Thanks

I was wondering if that would work - nice to have it confirmed. I also have canvass seat covers I use for off-road trips and the only way they would work with the wire is as suggested.

I'll take a pic on this thread when I get it done.

Can you snap a pic of how you routed it when you're done? I'm about to begin this same project. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom