Hot Springs on VI (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Again, your mapping skills are seriously impressive. We really need to do a wheeling trip to find these springs.

Perhaps find them in the summer, work out a decent trail, then come back in the winter?

Be sure to check out virgin falls when you are up that way. Roads are rough but high clearance 2wd.

Agreed! Virgin falls is amazing, here's a shot from a couple years ago in the fall, really fun road to go out there too!

wvKsgFQ.jpg

Be sure to check out virgin falls when you are up that way. Roads are rough but high clearance 2wd.

Thanks man, will do. I never have made it to those, but I've always wanted to. I just don't get out Tofino way that often.

Again, your mapping skills are seriously impressive. We really need to do a wheeling trip to find these springs.

Perhaps find them in the summer, work out a decent trail, then come back in the winter?

Thanks Jordan. Its definitely going to happen. Hopefully earlier than later. Might end up being the end of August when I have some time off. I'll let you know.

I was up there a couple months ago and wanted to find a road to the rapids after visiting virgin falls. But the weather was miserable and my 7 month preggo wife wasnt as enthusiastic to carry on. There were a few roads on the north side of the river that pointed in that direction and looked passable, but not sure how close they will get you. Not sure what the rd south or the river is like.

Theres a little old cabin with a nice swimming hole on the river up there too.

There are so many little pools for swimming on the whole drive up to Virgin Falls. Really is one of those
special places on Vancouver Island. Please don't tell the idiots who are making the trans-Canada trail that
these falls exist, they'll think of some way to f-it up.

OK, I've narrowed down the Kennedy River spring location to a very small area. I basically know where it is within probably a 30M section on the bank of the river (I even know which side). Just gotta find some time to get out there... With the thermal camera, if the springs are still there they'll show up pretty quickly. Will require some bush wacking; but not too bad.
WOULD be cool to mount your GTC to the bottom of a quad-copter

WOULD be cool to mount your GTC to the bottom of a quad-copter

Haha, thats an awesome idea. It does do a video mode. Would suck if we crashed tho; thems things is not cheap.

OK, I've narrowed down the Kennedy River spring location to a very small area. I basically know where it is within probably a 30M section on the bank of the river (I even know which side). Just gotta find some time to get out there... With the thermal camera, if the springs are still there they'll show up pretty quickly. Will require some bush wacking; but not too bad.
Did you ever make it out there to take a look see?

thatd be a big no...even in august. swam in it anyways

You ever find the springs? I'm thinking about heading up there in the next couple weeks and I have GPS'ed where I think they are too haha. If it's a complete bust, that would be nice to know so I don't make the trip out there for nothing.
Also if you did go, how are the roads out there?

You ever find the springs? I'm thinking about heading up there in the next couple weeks and I have GPS'ed where I think they are too haha. If it's a complete bust, that would be nice to know so I don't make the trip out there for nothing.
Also if you did go, how are the roads out there?

Never did get out there to look for them! Let us know how you make out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom