Hood Adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

I bought the 55 that was on ebay a few weeks ago in GA! It's a pretty nice one for the money. But, it has a really dented hood (all sorts of little dents). So the secondary latch works but the main latch doesn't. At first, I thought the hood was so mangled that it wasn't going to, but now I wonder if there is an adjustment because the latch mech. works and the spring lines up with the hole. It simply feels like the spring is too long (although I'm sure it's OE). Is there something I'm missing? Where's the up and down adjustment?

Or.... does anyone have a decent hood for sale?

I'm in SC.

Thanks,

Sturobertson40
'72 FJ55
TLCA # Pending
d5_0.JPG.jpg

I'm looking at the FSM and it says the following. First BEFORE adjusting the hood lock mechanism, ensure that the hood is properly aligned and fitted.

1. If the hood lock does not engage properly when the hood is closed, loosen the hood lock dowel lock nut, and turn the hood lock dowel counterclockwise or clockwise to lengthen or shorten the dowel. (The dowel is the rod the spring is on. It shows the tech using a wrench to loosen the nut while using a screwdriver to hold it somehow.)

Just happened to have the manual open when I saw your post. :)

Thanks man,

I saw the dowl, just wasn't sure how it worked. I'm still saving my pennies to get the manuals! I'll give it a try.

Stu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom