HJ61 bumper lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paco

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anybody know if these are break lights or marker lights? I am having difficulty getting them to turn on...

1564513133581.png

Those are rear fog lights . There is a switch to turn them on , but they only light up when you are in low beam . If you change to high beam they go off , even with their switch turned on . The switch also has a light to show you they are on . These fog lights are bright and a nuisance to other drivers if you forget them on when there is no fog or very hard rain .

Thanks Port!
That makes sense and I was wondering what that extra switch was. I am switching to LED headlights so thinking that might have been one of my problems in getting them to work.

Seems like it might be better to switch them out to reverse lights when I replace the bumper...

Paco , I wouldn't do that . Put extra reverse lights on your new bumper , but leave those fog lights alone . They can be a nuisance , but life saver too . Some years ago , in a pileup accident I was the first car that didn't crash on the rear of that pile up , and the big truck behind me told me the he didn't crash on me because of those bright rear fog lights ! Anyway congratulations on toy HJ61 . From that licence plate I can tell that it came from Tenerife , Canary Islands , Spain . It is missing a badge saying GX or VX , and the rear turbo sticker on the lower right corner of the upper tailgate .

Good point - I will keep them for now. The bumper upgrade is a ways out.
Yes it came from Tenerife. The person I worked with over there did a windows out respray and also fixed some light body dings. I have the GX emblem to put back on but have not decided on the stripes yet. Either way I should at least put the turbo sticker back on.

Paco , I wouldn't do that . Put extra reverse lights on your new bumper , but leave those fog lights alone . They can be a nuisance , but life saver too . Some years ago , in a pileup accident I was the first car that didn't crash on the rear of that pile up , and the big truck behind me told me the he didn't crash on me because of those bright rear fog lights ! Anyway congratulations on toy HJ61 . From that licence plate I can tell that it came from Tenerife , Canary Islands , Spain . It is missing a badge saying GX or VX , and the rear turbo sticker on the lower right corner of the upper tailgate .

I am in the process of getting a new rear bumper and will keep the fog lights. Finally got around to the turbo sticker and GX badge!
IMG_0464.jpg

somebody knows the toyota code of these lights? I cannot find them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom