Hj45 build help (axles) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone im in the planning stage of a hj45 build and just wanted to get a good idea of what im going to have to do.
Ive been reading the forums for quite a while and have a good idea of what i would like to accomplish i just need a few specifics from you guys! Now i have searched and searched and i think ive just confused myself even more.
This is what i want to do. So its an aus spec hj45 im looking at buying so im assuming full float axles?
I want to put in a 350 chev with either 700r4 or nv4500 and a np205. This will require a soa conversion for clearance i believe? I only wanted to run 35s, this soa will net me between 6 and 7 inches, will 35s look a bit small with this much lift?
My main question related to axles ( i know its been done too death i apologise for that ) my dads the car man not soo much me so please keep it as simple as possible here.
So i was thinking for the front-
Arb locker, stock diff assembly with longfield 30 spline birfield/axle super set. Now i want disc brakes so would all i need be the hubs, discs and calipers from a toyota hilux? If so what years are suitable?
Now the rear, since i want a np205 ill require a centered diff. I was thinking-
Stock diff with arb locker and then mating a complete hilux assembly with disc brakes on to this, also adding a set of longfield mini truck chromoly axles, will this work? If so once again which year am i looking for?
Sorry for the long post i wanted to give as much info as i could to make it easy for you guys!
Thankyou in advance

really need to know what you have to make a recommendation. Im assuming the hj45 front axle is drum. Depending on the year model of the rig you may be able to reuse your axle shafts, birfs, hubs and locking hubs. therefore you would need disc brake knuckles, dust shields and calipers only. if its an earlier axle with the 8mm spindle hardware and course spline birfs then you will need everything from the knuckle outward and the birfs as well.

The mini truck with a solid axle here in the US shared the long inner axle with the 60 series but neither are the same length as the 40 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom