HJ45/47 Troopy camper conversions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm quite interested in seeing some photos of 40-series Troopies converted to campers, with roof top campers or with stove, fridge, toilet, fold-down bed, etc.

Jump seats out, good useful stuff to live out of the Troopy for a week or so in...

My kids have been bitten by the camping bug, and we are not interested in RVs, but a Troopy would be another story entirely.

So, whatcha got?

Perhaps this would be better posted in the 45 section, but here's an interesting camperized German HJ45 I came across online. It's for sale for a mere 21,000 Euros...
119272516_1.jpg
119272516_5.jpg
119272516_6.jpg

That's what I'm talking 'bout! Bring more fellas!

Mod, want to move this thread over to the 45 section?

stainless 40/45 has a very cool one that was factory modified into a full fledged camper. Cool rig. Rare.

Amateur conversion camper 45's are common in AU.

Hey that's the coolest short-bus I've ever seen!

Thanks for the kind words about my Troopie Arkana Camper...It is very cool and quite rare. I just cant wait to actually go traveling around this beautiful country of ours..

Amateur conversion camper 45's are common in AU.

Amateur - everyone with a 40 is an enthusiast!!

Keep the seats in, down or folded up depending on space requirements.
Caravan mattress fits in beaut with a base running across seats. Mine is a IKEA futon base with fold up ends.
Slide out boxes and or fridge underneath at back. (can put in mattress on floor for extra bods if ya really want) and non frequently used gear behind seats.

Cheap, flexible and CUSTOM:grinpimp:

I fold up the rear end of futon to make space to prepare food in.

Tis all out of the truck at the moment so cant take photo but will look for an old one.
Bonus - you can still have an 11 seater for the team.:bounce:

I'm not able to post picks for some reason, but I have a photo of my troopie under my sig line. 1984 HJ47, power steering, air con, 5 speed, 2000 Vortec 350 where the turbo 2H used to be. She has a high roof, bed, storage, sink, fridge and 10 gallons onboard water. One day I plan to re-do the camper interior, but it works as-is for now.

Cheers,

Josh

These are awesome. This one sold in NM last fall. It sleeps at least 2 up top, and allows standing fully upright when the sleeping platform is stowed. This one is not outfitted as a camper, so a second sleeping platform was made for the lower level.

There appears to be another one now in CA:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/214592-gas-vs-diesel-79-hj47.html

This summer there will be another one here that is fully outfitted. Same poptop, but with stove, fridge, sink, water, and a table. Seats 7, sleeps adults above and 2 kids below.

I've seen other similar poptops for sale in AU since I started looking, but they are made for standing room, not a sleeping platform.
poptop_troopie1.JPG

G'day,

Here is a 1984 FJ45 that I intended to buy recently. Unfortunately, it was purchased by two Canadian tourists who are now on a 1 year surf holiday around Australia. They bought it to spend 1 year surfing, wheelin' and camping on the beach and having a good time in the salt water. This was the cleanest truck I had seen, factory air con and power steering, and it had only done 145,000 Kilometres- the frame still had the factory paint on it, and no rust at all. RIP.

Cheers,

Josh
FJ45 pop top.JPG

And another camperised Cruiser- not really a troopie, but still a nice rig.

Cheers,

Josh

Josh, that is most certainly a troopie and a very cool one at that. Keep posting cool pics of what you see down under. To be honest with you I have not seen one as neat as yours at least not yet,but I am always looking.

James

Thank you James, that is very nice of you to say. Here is an HJ78 troopie which could even have a spare room for the mother-in-law....

Cheers,

Josh
HJ75 6x6 1.JPG

For anyone dreaming of a sweet pop top FJ45 troopie, this is the one for you. The owners name is Jarod, and the rig is in Queensland. Import is quite easy, as it is an 83. Someone PLEASE buy it and ship it to the States. I have not seen it, but I have spoken to the owner, and seen a load of photos that he sent to me. It seems to be in remarkable condition, and it has been in his family for 12 years. It also has power steering.

Cheers,

Josh
https://www.tradingpost.com.au/is-b...Page-Start?ProductID=emcKoQwkR18AAAEa1n5W22B6

hmmm

tempting... if it were a diesel, maybe. if he's asking 8,500, what would be the total amount for me to pick up in savanna, ga? Can someone point me to a decent mustard diesel hj45/47?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom