Hippo liner DIY bedliner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was just thinin, are you going to replace the weather strip on the gates? I was wondering about the adhesive either eating the liner or not sticking. Those really look good.

llih said:
Was just thinin, are you going to replace the weather strip on the gates? I was wondering about the adhesive either eating the liner or not sticking. Those really look good.
I dont have any weather stripping on mine, I was thinking about using some rubber tubing split open around it though.

Used it on a couple projects, both bottom and top side and in thier tintable line.

Worked great, of course tinting with paint yielded a off colour, you would actuall have to have it tinted at the paint shop and even then you should top coat.

I like it for sound deadening, rock chip protection and through colour if it does chip.

Nothing IMO sharper than looking under a cruiser and seeing colour in the wheel wells and inside the tub.

Looks good in black for hard use.

My personal favourit of this product unlike others is its easy to clean especially if you top coat as it goes on smooth with small bumps.

I have heard some of the other products although extremely tough are somewhat difficult to clean with many small crevious.

Thanks for clearing that up I googled Shultz sparyer and it was a fertilizer sprayer, I like the way yours turned out thought I would try the hippo this time, Larry

I sprayed mine with Durabak gray, I love it, looks sweet. I did get a small gas leak on line out of tank, didn't have time to deal with it for a few days, when I took the tank off the liner underneath had totally blistered, so be a little cautious

Hippo

Hippo works.... Just make sure you prep the surface, use the recomended primer and get the gun , you will also need high volumn low presure air compressor . Or pay the big bucks and haul it to Rino or Line X . Oh ya make sure its at least 70 + and fairly low humidity .... Good luck

Hippo works.... Just make sure you prep the surface, use the recomended primer and get the gun , you will also need high volumn low presure air compressor . Or pay the big bucks and haul it to Rino or Line X . Oh ya make sure its at least 70 + and fairly low humidity .... Good luck

Thanks for the ideas...FWIW, I painted this at about 50deg. "garage" temp and low humidity(Utar ;p ) When I say garage temp, I had the heater running to about 60 deg. but turned it off when I started mixing and never turned it on for about a week in mid 30 deg. weather.
Thanks again.
Hope you all enjoy :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom