High Water Mark Trail - November 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,

There’s a lot going on this fall with the Rendezvous in the Ozarks, the Mike Sears Memorial Run, the Chili cookoff, and any other trips that people are taking. I wanted to add one more trip to the plate for consideration – the High Water Mark Trail.

Several of us have done this trip on one or two occasions in the past year or two. It’s a fun way to see part of Northwestern/Central Arkansas, clean your undercarriage, and drink a few beers in a new spot every night. Adding to the allure of an overlanding trip is being off pavement for a few days and covering some good distance.

Initial thoughts were to do this sometime in November, with timing semi-flexible if there’s a date that works for everybody.

Floating around some November dates:

11/9 (leave at noon) – Back on 11/12

11/16-11/19

On such short notice, I’m not sure if this trip will even get off the ground but it’d be great if it did. Keeping the rig count down to between 5 and 7 would help with the overall logistics of a trip like this being roughly 4 weeks out. @KC100series is out of town for the next few days so I’d ask to reserve a spot for him.

Who’s in?

Jack

How about shooting for the Kansas Krawl at KS Rocks Nov 4th to see how their facilities handle a large event? Also get a better understanding from the groups that are maintaining the place what the possibilities are for our club pitching in.

Which direction are you thinking of running the trail?

At this point, we don't have a preference on direction or, for that matter, exact route we're running. I have a GPS map of the trip we did last year, so we might deviate from that a little or re-run it. Any thoughts or preference?

Jack

How about shooting for the Kansas Krawl at KS Rocks Nov 4th to see how their facilities handle a large event? Also get a better understanding from the groups that are maintaining the place what the possibilities are for our club pitching in.

I don't have anything on the calendar until later that afternoon so if this ride falls through, I should be able to make it.

Check the ride report in Natural State Overland group on FaceBook. A group tried to do HWM last weekend but encountered downed trees in many sections and others where bull dozers had gone through to clear out down trees and made those sections more like a gravel road.

Hey guys (and gals), seems like there isn't much interest in doing a HWM trail before it gets too cold this year for some reason or another. If anybody is interested in going, please express interest or post up by the middle of next week. Otherwise, we may just postpone this trip until next year.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom