Hidden light bar or fog light mounting options - post face lift GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang

Has anyone installed/mounted hidden led light bar or fog lights begind the “honey comb” grill area on post face lift GX?

Thanks in advance

FBF5EDA4-D246-485E-8084-77C6518346A7.jpeg

I would be curious to find out that as well. I just purchased a bunch of Baha Designs lighting for my SSO rack (still waiting to get the rack) and was thinking about their new Laser/LED hybrid down in that area.

After some thinking and poking around think I’ll go for the cheapy license place mounting bar some here have some and use a small 9 inch Amber/white combo light bar. See how it goes.

There doesn’t seem to be anything structure near the brill so gonna go cheap route for now till I find better solution.

Last edited:
I Used these and did mine behind the grille. I have an F Sport Grille on my 2013 though...

I got the kit at HID Pros here
IMG_6149.jpeg
IMG_6150.jpeg
IMG_6153.jpeg

IMG_6217.jpeg

Reactions: xlx
I added a light bar behind the oem grill, mostly for looks, not really functional but looks cool haha

Do you have a pic you can share of how you installed your led light bar with those brackets you linked? Looks really nice.
I tried to attach some photos but it’s all from my phone. Let me know if it doesn’t work. Sorry. I had to pull the cover off.
B2D0AE5C-69F1-4AF5-B72C-3509111940DD.jpeg

97C3782B-D6F2-4592-AAAF-BBE706A8E1BF.jpeg

D024800F-CF10-48F3-89D3-76B906ED7FE7.jpeg

FB9B6686-9DBE-4669-9774-4FE4CFF655DE.jpeg

Oh I have 2 Rigid industries single row 20 inch bars back there. I’m 99% sure two double row bars would fit (
Also, what size are the two led light bars you are using behind your grill?
the bracket is designed for them) but I only had single row laying around.
Also make sure you keep that plastic piece under the hood. It forces air through the radiator. The light bars cut down on air flow but I haven’t noticed any issues.

Thanks for the pics and details. Yours really looks nice, also your grill allows more light out. Does that grill fit on a 2018?

Oh I would love to do two light bars with double row behind my grill.

Thanks for the pics and details. Yours really looks nice, also your grill allows more light out. Does that grill fit on a 2018?

Oh I would love to do two light bars with double row behind my grill.
No the grill is for pre face lift only (10-13). I think you could space them right so the bars focus through the slats on the 2018.

Reactions: SSG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom