hicruise55- FJ55 & FJ55 offroad trailer build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do still have the trailer as well, couldn't bring myself to part with any of it. I was thinking about cannibalizing the 55 for the 40 but hope to do RR 9inch axles for it instead. I bought a RAM 2500 and have been playing with that lately- I can't leave stock alone... I still have a friends 40 to finish the SOA and PS on then back to work on my own junk.

Glad to be back to the stye! I think my friends that all have 55's now too would have killed me anyways lol

sweet trailer!

Love the post! It's these types of posts that get me doin the work on mine. Everything so far has been the first time so the intimidation factor is high!

I have a 62 rear axle and I was wondering if I should go with outboards or move the pearches on the axle? I just finished putting on 62 birfields out on my 55 front axle with an 1.5 in spacer so it would match the rear.

After the rear axle I want to do the power steering conversion. Should I go with a 60 or 80 box?

I am rolling with 33's and a 3in shackle and leaf spring lift.

I come here for inspiration as well lol- it's not always easy to stay motivated even after building so many Cruisers i've lost count...

I would just put on new perches it's easy enough to cut off the factory ones (even with a skinny disc), grind smooth and locate where you want the new ones. Even if you can't do the welding yourself its not too hard to take the housing/axle to a welder and have 'em burn 'em on...

As far as the PS box, I have installed one Saginaw and a few handfulls of 60's, I obviously prefer the 60- just makes more sense to me. I've only held one 80 box and seems the same generally to me but the 60 box's are more econonomical/available. Having not personally fabbed one in I can't speak first hand, but, if I had one sitting around I wouldn't hesitate to use it!

Any updates? I like your setup.

I've been debating whether or not to get a truck so I can tow a trailer and it would be nice to have the open bed to haul things. The other thought I've had is to buy a truck bed trailer and tow it around with the 55 when I need a truck bed.

What are your thoughts on towing the trailer up to the mountains with the 55? How did the 2F and H55 do on the hills and on the highway? What is your gearing set up with the 36's? Can you maintain the speed limit on the inclines with the loaded trailer?

Thanks

Watching......waiting.......

Sadly just posted in classifieds, not parting yet, prefer to sell as a whole if possible the 80 just fits the bill for everything now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom