Hi all (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

trans crossmember?
use the one with the A440 and weld angle iron to the frame to bolt the crossmember to.
lucky with the 47 series you'll have the available length for the drivetrain
does the 47 series have the park brake on the rear axle?

Have you checked on clearance for the fuel tank? This the first I would do with the Langer A440F. A H55F does work work with a hand brake on the transfer case. Torque is too far forward. Think with a even longer A440F might hit the fuel tank.

I have a FJ62 here in the US and know how much power it takes. Instead of a 2H would find a good 12HT. Think you would be disappointed with that auto behind a 2H unless it has a turbo added. Would use the crossmember for a 60 series with a auto and trim it.. The HJ47 L brackets are shaped different not sure if brackets from a FJ45 might be a better shape to move further back on the where the mount is on the back of the transmission verses the front on the H41/H42/H55F. The A440F uses a flat isolator verses cradle in the manual transmissions. This is why I would use crossmember from a 60 series with a auto.

I have a 60 series auto as the donor car, just have to go get it. I already have the engine out and yes , I intend to turbo the 2H. I am not after huge power and in Australia, 12ht's are rare and dear. The a440F seems to be about 6" longer than the old trans (turbo 400 behind a 308) and I think it will hit the crossmember with the 2H.
The 47 series still had the parkbrake on the transfer case. I'm just sitting here shaking my head at myself.......

I have a 60 series auto as the donor car, just have to go get it. I already have the engine out and yes , I intend to turbo the 2H. I am not after huge power and in Australia, 12ht's are rare and dear. The a440F seems to be about 6" longer than the old trans (turbo 400 behind a 308) and I think it will hit the crossmember with the 2H.
The 47 series still had the parkbrake on the transfer case. I'm just sitting here shaking my head at myself.......

Would be more concerned about fuel tank than the crossmember. I have read the 79 series cable with work in a 45/47. Backing plates/drums and the rest from a 60 series could be used to hand brakes. Possibly the early 70 series as well. Have crossmember at another location. Was there a few days back and compared our FJ62 with a A440F and a HJ47 with H41. The FJ62 L brackets are outside the frame and the crossmember is much wider. The mounting section is flat compared to a cradle on the HJ47 with a manual transmission.
IMG_20200505_193226290.jpg
IMG_20200505_193230061.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom