Hey Fellas... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I live in Apison and found a card from your group on my doorstep. I drive a 1989 FJ62 that was probably parked in a shed area when the card was left on my porch. Anyway, what's the story on STLCA anyway? Just kinda looking for info and what the club is all about? Thanks.

Photo, because we all like photos of cool things.

E7D_6431.JPG

Nice truck!! I'm in Ooltewah just around the corner.

Thank you! Didn't know there were any clubs that were active in the area, and I sure didn't know there were any locals that live in Ooltewah, lol. I don't get out a whole lot but thoroughly enjoy when I do. Do you guys have a monthly meet or anything?

I'm not a good one to ask, I just joined recently, but yes they try to have meetings. Many of the members are Nashville/middle TN based but there are some from out this way. You, me, @sk8salomon, I think some from Knoxville... there is also a separate Knoxville club, Appalachian Cruisers I think. I think they have tried to have meetings in Chattanooga several times - you can see a thread about it. Coppinger Cove is a popular place to go, it's pretty central and nice and wild and untamed. You don't have to pay admission like at Windrock.

Gotcha. I've been out to the cove once when I had my Jeep on 35's but the water was so high at the time, we didn't go far and turned around. I've heard its rough. I'd like to go sometime but don't have much in the way of protection like sliders and any other skid plates besides factory. I also have no idea how to get around back in there. I've been usually just sticking around to Tellico area, the cohuttas and that sort of thing since I know it well. I've also been trying to map some of it out on gps so I know whats worth it and whats not. Anyway, I've kinda migrated more towards an "overland" style off road than the rock crawling all the time stuff. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it I just got out of it as much since Tellico ORV closed a while back. That was my go to place and I just stopped after that for a a few years.

Yeah I love Coppinger Cover for lots of reasons, one of them is that it's somewhat unknown wilderness in there unless you've put a lot of time in. And it can be rough. Snorkel city, after a rain. I'm with you about difficulty - I don't want to beat my truck up. My 70 is on 31's and isn't lifted (yet) so that keeps me humble.

Edit: also love Cohutta - down there on my bicycle a lot. Gorgeous country.

Well, if I had seen this group earlier, I would've invited you out to ride around some this morning. I was wanting to get out, but got lazy and didn't. So now I've wasted an entire morning basically doing nothing but wishing I were out exploring, lol.

There are several guys that live down in the Chattanooga area. I think when meetings are had down there, there is a pretty good crowd. @radioridge might chime in and I am sure @DSLTOY will post up when he gets back from the Big Junk Run in Texas.

Thanks guys! I never knew there were that many in the area, so that's great. I'd love to meet up sometime. Maybe after the holidays since I know it's going to be crazy for me the next couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom