help with part number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is anyone knows what the part number for this switch located on transfer case rear extension housing
20230520_205542.jpg

1684705096349.png

1684705188131.png

1684704969939.png

1684705446901.png

1684705384277.png

1684705337274.png

Look in the Electrical Wiring Diagram (EWD) for all electrical components). You can download a copy for your year model in from the Resources section. Any online parts seller has Toyota parts diagrams you can pull part numbers from. The international stores are cheaper per part, but shipping often takes away the discount. Domestic sellers, including dealers with online stores who sell for below retail, are often a better value, and deliver more quickly.

It's also helpful to put you truck info in your signature line, so no one has to ask what year you have. Some parts differ from year to year, or generation to generation. The part you asked for fits all years 80 model production.

Look in the Electrical Wiring Diagram (EWD) for all electrical components). You can download a copy for your year model in from the Resources section. Any online parts seller has Toyota parts diagrams you can pull part numbers from. The international stores are cheaper per part, but shipping often takes away the discount. Domestic sellers, including dealers with online stores who sell for below retail, are often a better value, and deliver more quickly.
thanks for info, So i just looked up the part number 84222-12010 and its looks like a different switch

s-l1600.jpg

I haven't crawled under my trucks to verify any of this; I''m only providing what's in the literature.
1684706825024.png

It's been a while since I looked at this, so I can't supply any info from memory.

T2 (L4 position sw) has two wires attached: one is Yellow, the other is Black, with a Blue tracer
1684707174982.png

T3 has two wires attached: one is Yellow with a Green trraer, the other is White, with a Black tracer.

This should help you identy the switches from the wiring harness connectors which are attached to them. FWIW, this is what I'd have to do, if I went outside and traced these on my trucks.

...or, you can just look at Jon's photo.

I think the switch you're looking for is 84222-60081 (this one is for later model trucks and superseded 84222-60080):
1684707740858.png

I posted all three switches in my first post so I wouldn't have to go back and get the rest of them later. You don't need them for this exercise, but now you have them. And you know the other two are the same switch.

Last edited:
FWIW, I posted all the steps you have to go through to find any part on the truck (if it's not electrical, you'll have to look at the mechanical components and omit the EWD, but...). Part search skills are invaluable if you're going to do your own maintenance. You generally need the parts lists and the FSM, and the EWD if your part is electrical. In rare cases you'll also need to varify the part and/or location on the truck.

FWIW, I posted all the steps you have to go through to find any part on the truck (if it's not electrical, you'll have to look at the mechanical components and omit the EWD, but...). Part search skills are invaluable if you're going to do your own maintenance. You generally need the parts lists and the FSM, and the EWD if your part is electrical. In rare cases you'll also need to varify the part and/or location on the truck.
yeah this is the one 84222-60081
thanks a lot for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom