Help with long travel SOA setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes they will. We max out Rancho 999012s on all of our SOA front ends.

Mark...

Thts what I have been reading too. Since people are maxing out the 12" shocks using the ford towers and I am going to be using hoops that are even taller I am thinking 14" shocks should be perfect.

What do you think?

The 012s are about a 13 travel Almost 14 IIRC. inch shock. I am sure that our rigs would max out a 14 inch shock on the front end too.

Regardless of what mounts you use, decide how much down and up travel you want and set your mounts for whatever compromise seems to be best for your use.

Mark...

The 012s are about a 13 travel Almost 14 IIRC. inch shock. I am sure that our rigs would max out a 14 inch shock on the front end too.

Regardless of what mounts you use, decide how much down and up travel you want and set your mounts for whatever compromise seems to be best for your use.

Mark...

I figured since I am going to be running tubed fenders it will give me plenty of space for moving the hoops up more if needed. Will jsut jack the truck up and let the flex out to max then mesure it up from there.

So what shocks would you go with? Fox, bilstein? Worth the extra doe for the remote res? THose bilstein 9100 look pretty beefy.

Well I just purchased some bilstein 7100 14" short body remote resivour shocks with a 255/70 valving for the front and 12" 7100 short body 255/70 for the rear. Litle spendy $780 for all 4) and a little over kill but besides just dirt and rocks I do like to play at the sand dunes here in Moses Lake.

Interested to see how you like the 255/70 valving on the 7100's. I have the same shocks (long bodies though) in the front of my rig but the valving is 150/50. I basically got them free (traded some 9000's that were too short) so I can't bitch, but have not decided if I need to revalve them a little stiffer.

Eddy,

Can you post a pic of your Ford shock tower placement in the front? I'm just getting ready to do what you have done.

That picture above is the only one I have at the moment. The bottom of the mount is flush with the bottom of the frame and it's basically centered in the hole in the inner fender. This would change depending on if you have flipped springs, etc.

I was going to bolt them on, but it started turning into a PITA so we welded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom