Help wiring Albright DC88 with Warn 8074 (8274's sister)... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I see lots of wiring diagrams for these things plus a warn 8274 and since the DC88 I ordered doesn't have all 4 posts on top - one on the side as pictured.. therefore obviously I just look at them with regards to that A post being on the side... NO Big deal....I labelled as necessary for visual. Big 2 AWG wire connections I understand...

But, then I look at the switch small wire connection and am confused.....On my 12V DC88 I have the terminals for the switch on either side (with a total of 4 connection points with their + and - respectively (as pictured with red circles)....
Im curious how to wire this portion up with respects to my switch because in all other threads and diagrams show just 3 total terminals (as pictured in purple) and I am yet to find a diagram which suits my particular set up.

Can anyone help me in this regards - im assuming from my original set-up I basically follow that same basic model? is that correct?

thanks for any help or advice would be much appreciated...

first pic, is obviously my original solenoid set up with the 4 pin (or 3-wire therefore 3 pin?) switch connection...

IMG_2268D.jpeg

IMG_2275D.jpeg

IMG_2277D.jpeg

file.jpeg

I would either contact the seller. (contactor should have come with some kind of diagram)

Hit those small Terminals with a multi meter and see where continuity is.
If i were a betting man i would say likely one is power the other is ground, on both sides.

Could you not find a "typical" albright?

Amazon product ASIN B00OS5U0C6

"Albright DC88 Style Reversing Contactor: 12 Volt "​

Product description​

The DC88 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on electric vehicles such as industrial trucks, airport tractors, and such like. They have double breaking contacts with silver alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hard wearing and have excellent conductivity. Rated Current - 100 Amps. Voltage Coil Options – 12V. Monoblock, Double Pole, Changeover Contacts. Coil Power – 11 to 15W. Rated Voltage of Contact Circuit - 6 to 80 Volts DC. Dielectric Voltage Strength - 50Hz 1000V AC 1min. Current Volt Drop of Main Contact at 100A - Not above 80mV. Operating time, Contact Makes & Contact Brakes - >30ms. Mechanical Life - 100 thousand times. Electric Life - 20 thousand times. Weight 2.5 lbs.

maybe I should return and get the style eight the 3 terminals...make my life easier

it did not come with diagram or anything information-wise just part in a box. I will contact manufacturer and ask and report back but I thought someone would know...

right on I appreciate it

what do you mean backside? meaning off eBay ...

just purchased from him - and started my return of whatever "DC88" this happens to be...

so I got my new DC88 with the correct 3 terminal portion for the switch wiring...not sure what other application the other one was for (maybe ATV or something - whatever they didn't specify on ad)

so here it is - now for the wiring.....I labeled for dummy proofing

AF8B5B2C-5405-4797-BF20-86591612C147.jpeg

D465F249-C3C7-48C7-84F5-CF07FA856F6D.jpeg

I think I purchased ends, cable and the hydraulic crimper from temco. Some other users used 90 degree ends to make it fit easier. It gets a little busy when trying to get the cover back on. And yes I believe I used 2gauge and also made new battery cables at the same time.

I think I purchased ends, cable and the hydraulic crimper from temco. Some other users used 90 degree ends to make it fit easier. It gets a little busy when trying to get the cover back on. And yes I believe I used 2gauge and also made new battery cables at the same time.
I plan on making up my own cables myself so the 90degree ends are a good think I’ll keep in the back of my head.

What size cable do I use 2AWG?

Pretty sure that's what I used, but it's been long enough that I am not 100% positive.

I came across a diagram that specified 2AWG so I was basically confirming that because its off the internet and s***is wrong online all the time. 2AWG sounds right though to be honest so 2 gauge it is

weird though because I think my battery cables are 4 awg so Im trying to reconcile that in my head ... maybe I should upgrade to 2 awg on my main battery cable wire. glad someone made me think about that because now im going to confirm that...

with regards to wiring the switch portion specifically...I'm trying to wire up with my old socket that has the metal bezel and 3 wires coming out for the old solenoid set-up.

obviously i can reuse this but first this is just for confirmation:

the diagram shows 2 wires coming in the switch socket off the albright which would then plug into the handheld switch, in wire & out wire respectively.
Then it has me grounding the middle terminal on the albright by itself separate of the switch socket. So then for the switch (coming out of the socket) I will have: In, Out, and then again an independent Power wire will be fused coming off battery (+) to the socket (for plug to handheld switch) ...and then I can connect those as I would have with the old solenoid system? ...

Now for clarification of IN and OUT color wires for old socket:
(continued from previous paragraph)
... white wire for power, green for IN (well mine was black, but I figured that was a P.O. thing) so green or black for me is for IN ?, black for OUT again? Obviously, ill figure it out once I hook it up but I do know if you have those crossed it will still work but the winch brake mechanism will not work correctly or optimally without it in the correct position which is the in at the in and out at the out obviously. here is pic of old socket wire setup.

so i wanna make sure i get it right. thanks guys

Albright Wiring Diagram.JPG

IMG_2268D.jpeg

Run + to the remote socket from the + on contactor. The direction wires are easily swapped, so just go.
You cant really set up the upright to run backwards and negate the brake.
The setup is pretty simple especially with all the info available online

Run + to the remote socket from the + on contactor. The direction wires are easily swapped, so just go.
You cant really set up the upright to run backwards and negate the brake.
The setup is pretty simple especially with all the info available online

well one of the videos i watched on youtub, the person mentioned that...which is how i learned of it (the brake thingy i mentioned with regard to proper assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom