Help. Who has best leather and reputable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got any photos of the finished product?
I'd have to dig through the archives. I have since upgraded to Scheel-Mann's!!!

20201117_225331.jpg

I highly recommend the Katskin kits for the 80 series. Great quality and well fitting product, I find it superior to stock. I absolutely do not recommend L-seats, simply not worth the apparent savings, inferior product and customer service is terrible if you have any problems.
I checked Katskin's site the other day and there wasn't an option for Land Cruiser.

I'll say this again, Lseat.com is garbage. The covers are leather but the quality is crap. Customer Service? they don't have any.

History: I installed Lseat leather on my front seats in 2017 right before our great American road trip to Arizona. The leather was soft and supple and convinced me that $300 was all that anyone needed. The new leather made the road trip that much more enjoyable. Fast forward to 2020, right before the pandemic, and I'm noticing cracks in the leather. The passenger seat is getting crispy even with legal tint on the side glass and a windshield cover. There's wear on the edges closest to the doors and the color is coming off. 2021 and the leather is toast and now I'm looking at threads like this for replacement leather.

Mosley is my first choice. Do it right the first time.

What model are those and options? Where did you purchase? And did it add a significant amount of leg room? I’m 6’1” and it’s brutal on long drives. They look great.
Hit up @Delta VS Dave. He's a distributor. He can go over all the options. There's quite a few. I got mine fully loaded with heated seats, arm rest and map pockets. Mine are the R model. Leg room is absolutely incredible. I'm 6'8" but legroom for rear passengers is tight to say the least. So depending on that situation you may need to pull them forward a bit to make some way. I've been in these seats for 12+ hours at a time and had absolutely no issues. Complete comfort.

I got the leather from Cam. Foam from Toyota. Local guy install

Thanks for all the responses team @dirtfinder did you put Katzkin (katskin to help with search) seat covers in your LX?

Anyone put Katzkin covers in their LX450? I think that's what I'm going to do, and common sense tells me that the FZJ80 covers are EXACTLY the same as an LX, but wanna see if anyone has put them into their LX, which I'm sure someone has!

Thanks for all the responses team @dirtfinder did you put Katzkin (katskin to help with search) seat covers in your LX?

Anyone put Katzkin covers in their LX450? I think that's what I'm going to do, and common sense tells me that the FZJ80 covers are EXACTLY the same as an LX, but wanna see if anyone has put them into their LX, which I'm sure someone has!

OEM Pattern is different on a LC VS LX450. However the one Katzkin should fit either one. However it does not replicate either factory pattern, if that matters to you.

Yes, Katskin in the LX, its listed for sale if you want to see pics. Its the 1997 with 2uz swap. And as noted, lx and lc are different seat covers and cushions. The covers I have are specific to the lx.

Anyone put Katzkin covers in their LX450? I think that's what I'm going to do, and common sense tells me that the FZJ80 covers are EXACTLY the same as an LX, but wanna see if anyone has put them into their LX, which I'm sure someone Katskin

LC and LX bottom cushions are different to fit the pink panties. Therefore, the covers are different also.

So I actually bought a new bottom cushion from Toyota so that'll be good. I suspect there's no material difference to the LX bottom cushion so I'll likely just re-use the passenger side seat bottom cushion.

I'm going to get the Katzkin set for the FZJ and get 'er done...

So I actually bought a new bottom cushion from Toyota so that'll be good. I suspect there's no material difference to the LX bottom cushion so I'll likely just re-use the passenger side seat bottom cushion.

I'm going to get the Katzkin set for the FZJ and get 'er done...
There is a difference I believe; some info here:

Let your intended use of the vehicle be your guide. And your risk factor for MI and or CVA the next time you get in the driver seat with a screwdriver in your back pocket or your dog does a burnout on the second row lower cushion prior to taking a nap.

Mosley is sold out on 80 series, including the LX450.

Guess I made it just in time

Just finished up with my Mosley install. My installer is one of the best in the country and said the Mosley seat quality was very good. I am very happy with the result. $1,200 worth of leather and $1000 installation. That was a bit more than I would have liked to spend but it really finished off this truck to a high standard. The fantastic smell alone is worth an extra 20% of the price.

E1B7E89B-E914-4CEC-9E5F-DA9AC2E54A42.jpeg

1921313F-8034-45BC-BA57-8F4D50E6C274.jpeg

Last edited:
Just finished up with my Mosley install. My installer is one of the best in the country and said the Mosley seat quality was very good. I am very happy with the result. $1,200 worth of leather and $1000 installation. That was a bit more than I would have liked to spend but it really finished off this truck to a high standard. The fantastic smell alone is worth an extra 20% of the price.

View attachment 2745565

View attachment 2745562
Congratulations. Feels awesome doesn't it? It wears well too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom