help needed with Ironman 2" front spring install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks, this weekend i switched out my TJM "J" spring equivalents (right side of below pic) for the ironman 2" performnace springs TOY024B's.
20150906_114749.jpg

Intstall went fine until i took her for a spin and noticed a clunk from the passenger side front when braking. it seems the passenger side spring is contacting the spring mount/bump stop assembly. i know the spring seated properly against the perch on the axle yet it looks like its at an angle.

20150907_183800.jpg

20150907_183959.jpg

20150907_184016.jpg

I installed the spring labeled D/S on the driver side since it was the taller spring. The spring that's clunking is labeled N/S. i read some posts from 2012 claiming the D/S should be on the passenger side. However the D/s spring i got was definitely the taller of the two. Do i need to swap springs?

Also, with the "J" springs, i fabbed some sway bar drop blocks out of 2" square tubing. I took these out when i installed the ironman springs. Should i put the blocks back in? Perhaps the sway bar is pulling the axle in and causing the funky spring situation on my passenger side. Driver side looks fine.

For the record, i have slee plates for caster correction and OME 862 springs + 30mm spacers in the rear. The only extra weight i have up front is an 8000lb ramsey winch.

any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

8000 lb winch is in a bumper, or a home fabbed mount of some kind?

right, the winch is on a universal mount behind the stock bumperr

It may have to do with too much castor correction with those plates and shorter springs.

It may have to do with too much castor correction with those plates and shorter springs.
I second that at least for investigation. The 2.5" springs are low enough that the castor bushings could be used. I think the plates are for the J height and higher until the arms need to be changed the higher you go.

thanks for the replies fellas. i think yawl are right on this one. i re-installed the sway bar drop blocks this evening hoping it was the cure. unfortunately, the passenger side spring still looks as pictured above. what's puzzling to me is that the driver side spring looks fine. I'm going to try swapping the driver and passenger springs this weekend. if that doesnt work, the J's go back in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom