Help needed!!! Landcruiser won't move (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I would really appreciate any help or advice.

I was driving my landcruiser yesterday and suddenly I heard a something disconnect form the transmission area. The the car in now in nature full time it's just rolling even on Park. I would hear a hum grinding noise when putting in reverse or drive.

The strange this is when I engage from 2H to 4H it drives fine and goes through the gears park works reverse works. As soon as I disengage 4H it returns to the same problem. If the transmission is the problem why would the card rive normally on 4H?

Sounds like one of your front CV shaft splines has disengaged from the drive flange. Pop off the dust covers on your front hubs and look for a loose circlip. Search the forum for more info on diagnosing why it came off, like this thread: Real Time help with Land Cruiser Front Axle/retaining ring/Drive Flange/Wheel bearing - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/real-time-help-with-land-cruiser-front-axle-retaining-ring-drive-flange-wheel-bearing.1134166/#post-12321303
Thanks a lot!!

The strange this is when I engage from 2H to 4H it drives fine and goes through the gears park works reverse works. As soon as I disengage 4H it returns to the same problem. If the transmission is the problem why would the card rive normally on 4H?
Do you mean it works when you engage the center lock (button next to right knee), or do you mean you actually shift the transfer case? Our trucks are AWD (there is no "2H") unless you've modified it. If yes to the center lock, then what @Ayune said.

Do you mean it works when you engage the center lock (button next to right knee), or do you mean you actually shift the transfer case? Our trucks are AWD (there is no "2H") unless you've modified it. If yes to the center lock, then what @Ayune said.
Yea, some of our trucks automatically engage the center diff lock when shifting from H to L (reason for the “pin 7 mod”), so maybe that’s the reason for his success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom