Help Identifying Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trivia time! Today's topic: Name those parts.

Took the head to the machine shop and it still had some pieces attached. They told me not to worry, they said they'd bag them for me. Alas, they did not and now I have to replace them.

I need to buy all brackets and pipes shown in the photos. Any help with names and parts numbers is greatly appreciated.

Photo 1
0608201141b.jpg

Photo 2
0608201141a.jpg

Photo 3
0608201141.jpg

At the Right in photo #1 is the EGR pipe (with the big nut) and I think the water pipe connected to the PHH.
The other one is a bracket for pulling out the engine.

Trivia time! Today's topic: Name those parts.

Took the head to the machine shop and it still had some pieces attached. They told me not to worry, they said they'd bag them for me. Alas, they did not and now I have to replace them.

I need to buy all brackets and pipes shown in the photos. Any help with names and parts numbers is greatly appreciated.

Photo 1
View attachment 2465820

Photo 2
View attachment 2465823

Photo 3
View attachment 2465825
I would suggest you go back to that machine shop and demand that they find your parts.

Otherwise, you can deduct the cost of them from your bill. I think I know who'll come out a head......

Thanks for the help everyone!
For those that are interested, I spent some time cuddled up with the FSM and it looks like the missing parts are ...
- No. 1 Engine Hangar
- No. 2 Engine Hanger
- EGR Pipe
- Heater Inlet Pipe
- Wiring Harness Clamp
- Throttle Cable Bracket
- ECT Sender Gauge
- ECT Cut Switch
- ECT Sensor

More than I thought. And that's really gonna cut into the budget on this project. I agree that the shop didn't do what they said they would. But I also feel stupid for being lazy and not taking all this stuff off. I know better. Plus, the damage is done now and it's not like I'm going to spend a week taking them to small claims court, or whatever. Better to just move on, I think. And other than this issue, the shop appears to have done a great job on the head and valves.

I would not trust a shop that would discard these parts to be capable of doing the proper machining and adjustment of the valves. Before installing the head on the block save yourself some grief and check the surface to make sure it in spec for flatness, the valves have the proper clearances, new valve seals and any other requested work completed.

Doesn’t need to involve small claims - they discarded your parts, after they agreed to keep them per your request. They are the sole reason you now have to spend money on new parts, which shouldn’t be the case, so IMHO, it’s fully on them. I wouldn’t want to have to fight it either, but who knows, maybe they are still around there somewhere, or maybe they will simply reimburse you. Worth contacting them

I would put together a list of the parts with new and used prices. Put it in writing.
Ask them to write you a check for somewhere between the new and used prices. I'll bet they will.

What did the shop charge for the head work?

What did the shop charge for the head work?
Shop charge me $750

Also, happy ending to the story, just as I was about to order a bunch of new stuff, the machine shop called to say they found my parts. They apologized and over-nighted them to me. All's well that ends well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom