Help identifying a vacuum sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm replacing some dry vacuum lines and when replacing the line on this sensor on the manifold I noticed it was a bit loose. Now, it can't have backed itself out I assume, so I'm a) not sure why it was threaded in loosely and b) thinking I should seat it snugly and c) wondering exactly what it is -- I've looked at the under hood diagram and it's not clear that it's on there.

It's the small hose in the picture on the bottom.

Thanks,

IMG_9329.jpeg

Correct your gas filter is supposed to screw in the intake at that spot and then then small line connects to it.

Gas Filter.jpg

Gas Filter2.jpg

Last edited:
Ah jeez, I think I see what was done. That looks to me like a the non-OEM part and also the wrong size, so a bunch of grey RTV(?) was used to make it fit. So now I need to remove that AND that RTV without any falling into the intake. What do you think the odds of that happening are? I could leave it, it's not a great fit but I think it's not leaking. I really don't want to pull the intake anytime soon, not for just that.

Ah jeez, I think I see what was done. That looks to me like a the non-OEM part and also the wrong size, so a bunch of grey RTV(?) was used to make it fit. So now I need to remove that AND that RTV without any falling into the intake. What do you think the odds of that happening are? I could leave it, it's not a great fit but I think it's not leaking. I really don't want to pull the intake anytime soon, not for just that.

^^^^^
It's not even a 'part'. Someone took the smaller hose, stuffed it inside a larger hose and stuffed that (replete with silicone) into the threaded boss where the actual 'part' (gas filter) is supposed to go.

I wouldn't worry about a small amount of RTV going down the intake. It won't hurt anything. At worst...enter a cylinder where it will take a swift ride out an exhaust port. You don't want anything HARD going into the intake, silicone is of no concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom