Help . Front end squeak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bearing races fully seated in the hubs?
yes new hub assembley . Races were seated from factory but I did verify they were seated well

yes new hub assembley . Races were seated from factory but I did verify they were seated well
"races were seated from the factory"? You mean these were the assembly line installed bearings? How did you verify that?

Sliding pins? Like the ones on the pads?? Explain. I’m sure I know but call them different names. Birfield is fine. I know the symptoms when worn or even broken
Yes, the two finger-long pins on the calipers that enable the outer frame to slide in towards the disc. Looks like a big nail with a hole in the end opposite the head.

"races were seated from the factory"? You mean these were the assembly line installed bearings? How did you verify that?
yes the hub assembley was sealed in plastic with races installed. The bearings were each in a separate bag all sealed in the same box with one part number

Yes, the two finger-long pins on the calipers that enable the outer frame to slide in towards the disc. Looks like a big nail with a hole in the end opposite the head.
oh ok I know what you mean. I'll verify those are mobile

What grease did you use in the knuckle?

Is it properly full of grease? Should have been about two tubes.

Did you grease the spindle bushing?

Did the new spindle come with a bushing or bearing?

Did you PROPERLY tighten the wheel bearings? Hand tight plus 1/8 turn is NOT proper. Go 35 LB-FT on the inner and 45 LB-Ft on the outer and make sure the fold over the wings on the star washer to keep them in place.

I'll bet your wheel bearings are loose and seals and bearings are dragging and causing brakes to drag as well.
so yea hand tight plus 1/8 yielded 36 pounds

yes the hub assembley was sealed in plastic with races installed. The bearings were each in a separate bag all sealed in the same box with one part number
Just curious, this is a replacement hub, with bearings installed? Where did you find that?

so yea hand tight plus 1/8 yielded 36 pounds
Really? Your hand tight must be more than most.

Hand tight with your hand or your hand on the end of a ratchet wrench?

Hand tight then a 1/4 turn w a wrench

Interesting. Glad I asked...
1687626202469.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom