Help: 91-92 electrical EWD please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone got the electrical wiring diagram for the 91-92 series cruisers?

I’d be happy with a couple pages for the transfer case and harness plug sheet that covers harness ID for the leads off the harness to the transfer case.

I have the later model pdf’s, and 60 series but just need to fix some wiring and figure what’s missing and needed.

Also if anyone has the small two prong (I think) plug and wiring that comes off the top of the case near the CDL motor I’m looking for that I think.

Thanks!!!
Also, just looking for a couple pages, not to purchase your electronic manual for $45 or whatever.

That does help a fair bit.

It seems the small wire connector (5 or 6 pin) at the transfer case isn’t shown in that diagram. I have to figure out where to tie these wires into the harness, the schematic for wire connectors seems to be off or I haven’t read it properly.

The good news is I think I only need the five wires off the CDL actuator connected to have AWD/4WD so I’ll focus on that for now

EDIT: It took me a minute to find the right manual, I added the terminal connector pinouts associated with the EWD to the file below.

This is for early 80 series, including inspection steps for center diff lock.....you're pulling off the main wiring harness for this? EWD shows that EB1 connector near the starter.

Attachments

• Extracted pages from 1990 fj_hdj_hzj-80_series_chassis.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
EDIT: It took me a minute to find the right manual, I added the terminal connector pinouts associated with the EWD to the file below.

This is for early 80 series, including inspection steps for center diff lock.....you're pulling off the main wiring harness for this? EWD shows that EB1 connector near the starter.

Thanks, that helps.

The 3FE has a different splice location methinks as opposed to 1FZ etc:

The harness for the connector IG2 and EB1 aren't shown, I think the IG2 connector is in the engine compartment against the firewall. I think this was chopped off at some point. Mines with a Cummins and had a 60 series case earlier. Now I want have the full time case again. I think the wires are in the bundle at the firewall, I need to pull them apart and find/splice them together So i can lock the CDL if I have issues with the driveline somewhere.

I prefer AWD for the windy, and small hills along the foothills of the rockies just west of Calgary. When they are icy they can be dodgy, plus my part time case had leaks and was a bit noisy.

1648233323793.png

What I posted applies to 3FE, not 1FZ. I use it for my 1990 HDJ81. That last photo page is from an EWD supplement published in Jan 1990.

If you want pinouts let me know, however if they're chopped off then you'll have to rely on wire colors instead which are provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom