HELP! - 4x4 Labs Slider Install (1993-1994) Instructions needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lp2k

Had a couple of drinks.. saw a couple of things
Threads
Hi all- I was part of the group buy way back in March. The bumpers and sliders finally arrived. I did a search on mud as well as their website 80 Series Land Cruiser (1990-1997) Sliders - https://4x4labs.myshopify.com/collections/80-series-landcruiser/products/fj80-sliders?variant=17475566470 and could not find any instructions what so ever. Yes, I did use the search button before posting this.

I called back on wednesday @4x4labs and they found my order and said they would email me the instructions, nothing came and figured something came up. Yesterday, I emailed them but got no reply back. I am in a bit of a tight spot as I have this stuff at a friends shop and we need the instructions to get to work.

The ask: Could someone mock up either by sketch or take some pics of how their sliders are installed as to help me out? I was able to get the passenger side on, but I want to verify the nut bolt washer orientation, torque specs, etc (c'mon man, im trying to do it by the book so just do it right)

Anyone who helps me on the thread, I will edit it and make it into a DIY (I've did this before)

The 4x4 Labs slider kit comes with:

• Driver side slider
  • Passenger side slider
  • 12x 16mm bronze nuts
  • 12x bronze washers
  • 6x U Bolts (These go around the frame and meet the slider)
  • 3x 19mm bolts 1 ⁵⁄₁₆ long (no clue what this is for)
  • 3x 19mm bolts 1 ³⁵⁄₆₄ [a little bit longer] (no clue what this is for)
  • A black powder coated bracket (no clue what to do)
  • 4 19mm Nuts (chrome/nickel, no clue what to do)

for example, the gold nuts included in this kit are 16mm. the slider isn't heavy but it is best to have someone hold it from the bottom and as you get the first U bolt in, thread it light and work your way towards the back. wear eye protection as dirt will fall on top of you. etc

5F962D5A-4C32-44F3-924E-3B2EB9FD86DA.jpeg

66D4447A-8E4F-4535-AB86-DF9AEF27B6DE.jpeg

4FC0BBA0-A7F7-4A79-B460-6611A3A53179.jpeg

36C45B4E-68D7-4A1F-A749-0A8EE0820F19.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi all- I was part of the group buy way back in March. The bumpers and sliders finally arrived. I did a search on mud as well as their website 80 Series Land Cruiser (1990-1997) Sliders - https://4x4labs.myshopify.com/collections/80-series-landcruiser/products/fj80-sliders?variant=17475566470 and could not find any instructions what so ever. Yes, I did use the search button before posting this.

I called back on wednesday @4x4labs and they found my order and said they would email me the instructions, nothing came and figured something came up. Yesterday, I emailed them but got no reply back. I am in a bit of a tight spot as I have this stuff at a friends shop and we need the instructions to get to work.

The ask: Could someone mock up either by sketch or take some pics of how their sliders are installed as to help me out? I was able to get the passenger side on, but I want to verify the nut bolt washer orientation, torque specs, etc (c'mon man, im trying to do it by the book so just do it right)

Anyone who helps me on the thread, I will edit it and make it into a DIY (I've did this before)

The 4x4 Labs slider kit comes with:

• Driver side slider
  • Passenger side slider
  • 12x 16mm bronze nuts
  • 12x bronze washers
  • 6x U Bolts (These go around the frame and meet the slider)
  • 3x 19mm bolts 1 ⁵⁄₁₆ long (no clue what this is for)
  • 3x 19mm bolts 1 ³⁵⁄₆₄ [a little bit longer] (no clue what this is for)
  • A black powder coated bracket (no clue what to do)
  • 4 19mm Nuts (chrome/nickel, no clue what to do)

for example, the gold nuts included in this kit are 16mm. the slider isn't heavy but it is best to have someone hold it from the bottom and as you get the first U bolt in, thread it light and work your way towards the back. wear eye protection as dirt will fall on top of you. etc

View attachment 2751642

View attachment 2751643

View attachment 2751644

View attachment 2751645
I don't have any experience with these sliders, but if you want torque specs, you can use a general reference guide to find what they should be: https://www.fastenal.com/content/me...nt-library/Torque-Tension Reference Guide.pdf

On the washer orientation, washers typically always go on the nut side. If you have a flat washer and lock washer, the lock washer would be closest to the bolt head.

Thanks- I will check that out.

Anyone else can please chime in? If you have a friend, please ask for some photos and I can fill in the gap. Been calling the manufacturer for an assist but keep hitting the vmail....

Are you missing the piece that goes under your cats? On my 4x4labs sliders (also for my old '94 there was a frame that protected the cats and that piece you show was part of the install.
Below is photo from mine which might help.
20200419_153740.jpg

Once you get everything laid out you will realize that having written instructions are not going to be needed. The fitting is pretty straightforward. Start with the drivers side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom