Hello! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I have finally done it. For better or worse I have finally become the owner of a Land Cruiser. Now I can join the site officially and stop being a lurker. All though I must say I am grateful that guest can read posts and see pics. Anyway, I have a 1998 LC that I probably paid too much for but it was gonna get snagged. I immediately had to replace the valve cover gasket and spark plug well seals. That was not fun. Now it seems I need a new cooling fan clutch. I need an antenna. And I also have some kind of bottom end leak (maybe cv?). The interior is in descent shape but I need to do some leather restoration on the rear seats. The paint job is mostly good with some minor scratches and roof clear coat peel. It has 205,000 miles and had a lot of work done at 140,000 miles and has a resent new rack and pinion from PO, but the steering makes a little creaking/popping noise when going around corners. Other than that, and poor gas mileage, I love it! And hopefully will keep it a long time!
thanks!
F8C6E21F-D65E-4984-A9C6-B9848F519954.jpeg
D0B655D5-F08E-44F2-AD3C-24FCC68F59A7.jpeg
1BD4E1A5-5260-4A91-B252-53754FEF2008.jpeg
EADACF69-A0C1-44B6-8842-6B18FD9E6C58.jpeg
847C120E-2DCA-457A-BF23-9DF93DAFD134.jpeg

Congrats! Love that color :cool:

Good looking rig, take it all with stride and focus on repairing what's needed.

Consider going through and inspecting all the fluids as well, coolant, front-rear diff, transfer case.

What makes you think you need a new fan clutch, curious of the symptoms

Nice find!

Nice ! I just picked up a 98 as well, same color. Enjoy the beast !

Congratulations and welcome to the cult..I mean, the group! Great state to explore in a Land Cruiser, too!

i wonder which tail lights those are. I like them a lot!
welcome to mud! awesome color! hope you squirreled away another several thousand!

Hello!

Congratulations and welcome to the cult..I mean, the group! Great state to explore in a Land Cruiser, too!
Thanks! I already want another one! What an addiction! Yup lots of places to go in East TN! Mine Cruiser will be a fishing and camping adventuremobile. As well as mostly a daily driver

Good looking rig, take it all with stride and focus on repairing what's needed.

Consider going through and inspecting all the fluids as well, coolant, front-rear diff, transfer case.

What makes you think you need a new fan clutch, curious of the symptoms
[/QUOTE
the temp gauge is fine at highway speeds but starts to creep up when sitting in traffic. I haven’t confirmed yet that the fan is not turning though

i wonder which tail lights those are. I like them a lot!
welcome to mud! awesome color! hope you squirreled away another several thousand!
I am not sure about the tail lights. They all looked like they were recently replaced (including the ones up front). Funny thing though, When I turn on my left turn signal to pass somebody on the interstate it will cause the engine to act like it has a miss.

Thanks! I keep waiting for it to fall apart and then my wife banishes me to sleeping on the couch.🙂
Kit out the interior with 2nd battery, fridge, drawers, and sleeping platform.

Her - "You're banished to the couch tonight!"
You - "Eff that, I'm sleeping outside!"

I am not sure about the tail lights. They all looked like they were recently replaced (including the ones up front). Funny thing though, When I turn on my left turn signal to pass somebody on the interstate it will cause the engine to act like it has a miss.
I’ll bet you have LED bulbs...ask me how I know. I replaced the LEDs in the rear signals with regular bulbs and the issue went away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom