Hello from CT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello MUD,
Been lurking for a while and finally decided to share the progress on my 80, and thank everyone for the great info here!
Purchased my 80 in Aug 2016
IMG_1266.JPG

First mod after base-lining, a snorkel ...

IMG_2658.PNG

Second mod, new tires, Copper Discoverer AT3 295/75/16

IMG_2954.JPG

Next was TrailGear bumper, Badlands winch, OME Lift

IMG_5135.JPEG

Finally, a lot of stuff that can't be seen
- Lots of rust mitigation, Corroseal rust converter then Chassis saver paint over that
- Paper clip power steering cooler failed so installed aluminum cooler from Summit (found on this forum)
- Re-routed exhaust and tucked muffler in spare location
- Aussie locker

IMG_6605.JPEG

Nice 80! I would say welcome, but you’re already here!

Beautiful land cruiser! Welcome!

A couple pictures of the mods you can't see

Rear storage. Most of the information to build was available on this forum. Unfortunately my spare will be taking up most of the space until I get a swing out bumper.

IMG_5602.jpg

Resonator delete. Best I could do with pre-bent pipe and my flux core welder. The original muffler failed a couple of years ago and I had a friend remove it and weld a straight pipe in its place. The drone / noise with the resonator only was terrible, so finally decided to so something about it. Still not as quiet as I'd like it to be, but much better. I am a very inexperienced welder, so I purchased a very cheap muffler to start (link below)

Amazon product ASIN B00029J3AC
IMG_4092.JPG

Power steering cooler. For the most part I copied what @mikedamageinc did. Below is the link to the heat sink.
Amazon product ASIN B004XONQYG
IMG_6568.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom