Heater Valve Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and did not find reference to my question. A lot of hose routing threads with pics, but not this, and my Haynes is about useless:

For my '75 40, the heater valve on the firewall is opened and closed with a cable. Mine is missing. How does this cable route and where does the other end terminate?

Any pics would be most appreciated!

Thanks!!

Ian

Ian,

On my '75-40 the cable goes :

1) from valve on firewall thru
2) small hole directly behind & slightly above end of valve cover, to
3) 'warm-pull' knob on dash

If I recall corectly, to reach the knob you need to remove the radio, but maybe you can do it by just un doing the knob @ the dash. Sorry, don't really remember. Either way it's easy & once you poke around, you can figure it out.

hth, John

Thanks John...I haven't seen a "Warm" knob on my dash, but then the only knob I can read is the "Fan" one. That sounds easy enough to fix.

Thanks again!! :beer:

Thanks John...I haven't seen a "Warm" knob on my dash, but then the only knob I can read is the "Fan" one. That sounds easy enough to fix.

Thanks again!! :beer:

Ian,

On mine, the warm/pull is on the bottom row, last on the right, just above the radio @ below the lighter.

HTH, John

That one on mine says Fresh/Pull - although I can't pull it. It very well may become the heater on/off.

That one on mine says Fresh/Pull - although I can't pull it. It very well may become the heater on/off.

Ian,

There is a 'Fresh/Pull', 3rd on the right. But you need 'Warm/Pull', which on mine is 4th on the right, closest to the pass. side. You do have a front heater, right?

If you have only 3 knobs on the bottom row & if none are 'Warm/Pull', maybe you don't. However, I think they all came w/front heaters in '75.

If you have a knob that won't pull out, might need to pull the radio or maybe the ash tray & see what is obstructing it. Easy.

HTH, John

If you need a "warm Pull" cable and knob, I have a nice one. Better check and see if you have the valve first.;)

Ed
186e2.gif

That would be where the PO put the push button for the windshield washer pump. That'll be switched back to the wiper/washer switch when I can. I've got a new heater that is in the process of being powdercoated that is going to replace the existing one. Looks like I've got more heater work ahead of me than I originally thought.

If you need a "warm Pull" cable and knob, I have a nice one. Better check and see if you have the valve first.;)

Ed

I do have the valve, although it doesn't look like the one in the picture. I was moving it to test the heating in the 40 (of which I have none). Rear heat heats up, but has no fan; front doesn't heat up at all.

How much are you looking to get for the setup?

I do have the valve, although it doesn't look like the one in the picture. I was moving it to test the heating in the 40 (of which I have none). Rear heat heats up, but has no fan; front doesn't heat up at all.

How much are you looking to get for the setup?
Is the fan gone, or not working on the rear heater? I have a rear heater fan, and core, but the sheetmetal is a little too rough to make nice.
The motor was frozen when I got it but all it took was a good clean and lube.

I'd like to get $18 for the cable, shipped. Provided you're not in Tahiti;)

Ed

Last edited:
It's gone. PO included a replacement with the purchase. I'm gathering all the parts to do waterpump, turdmostat, and heating work all in one felled swoop.

$18 sounds great. How do you want payment?

It's gone. PO included a replacement with the purchase. I'm gathering all the parts to do waterpump, turdmostat, and heating work all in one felled swoop.

$18 sounds great. How do you want payment?

Check email.......:)

Ed

my fresh pull was stuck as well. it goes to your hood vent. check to make sure the PO did not wire the hood vent shut. mine was wired shut i assume to keep water from running into the cab. for some reason the po did not realize that all he needed to do was to run two hoses down and out the fire wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom